• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Help Me Understand Why The King James Version Is The Best

• Members

Ah okay thank you. This is very helpful for me. The underlying text issue alone is enough to make me think twice about this and I am definitely leaning towards King James Onlyism. Thank you!

Depending on who you talk to, 'King James Onlyism' means different things. There are groups (I'm sure you can find them easily) that believe that the King James Bible 'fixes' problems with the Greek manuscripts, or that God inspired the translators to come up with the 'real' meaning, that doesn't have basis in the Greek texts. In my opinion, this is the same kind of error that created mormonism - that God gave some more recent revelation.

I believe that the King James translators were guided by God to select the words that they used, but that there is NO difference between what God said in Hebrew/Greek and in English (KJB).

I also believe that the modern bibles are accurate only as far as they agree with the King James/TR. Any place that they differ is wrong.

The older English versions (Tyndale, Geneva, etc) are probably accurate, but again, anywhere they disagree with the King James is wrong. It is obvious which Bible God has had his hand on in English, and that is the King James.

Another difference between the older English bibles and the King James is the literary mechanisms that are used in the King James. There is a rhyming scheme and meter in the King James Bible that makes it 'flow', and helps in memorization.

I'm not with the rest on this board who believe in onlyism, but I can tell you from my point why (in no particular order) I prefer the KJV:

Have you ever looked into the differences between the 'text types' that the different bibles were translated from? I think that would be helpful in understanding why there are differences, and would solidify your position.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To be fair to the modern versions,they do use lots of pure word of God in their texts.
However,it is that insidious percentage of poison that has tainted the lot.
Burn them now!
I did.

PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:

You burned what you just described as the pure word of God? :puzzled:

• Members

Truth mixed with error is equivalent to all error except that it is even more dangerous because it harder to recognize.

Yes, burn every last MV in existence and replace them with good, solid, direct TR translations (KJV for the non-multi-lingual English speaking people) for everyone's language.

• Members

If that is your stand,then I have some rat poison for your consumption that is 99% pure good nutritious food.
Only 1% poison,even less than the Modern perversions pimped put by heretics,and unsaved.

PeterAV

• Members

If that is your stand,then I have some rat poison for your consumption that is 99% pure good nutritious food.
Only 1% poison,even less than the Modern perversions pimped put by heretics,and unsaved.

PeterAV

Argumentum ad absurdum

• Members

PeterAV

Hehehehehehe, Yeah and look out for that 1% poison. :wink IIRC they use arsenic.

Will, here's another for you on that same line of thinking::::

A gallon jug of clear, clean spring water is 128 ounces. Let's take out just one ounce (less than 1%) of it and replace it with pure, raw, fresh sewage. Would you drink it, or throw it out???

• Members

Hehehehehehe, Yeah and look out for that 1% poison. :wink IIRC they use arsenic.

Will, here's another for you on that same line of thinking::::

A gallon jug of clear, clean spring water is 128 ounces. Let's take out just one ounce (less than 1%) of it and replace it with pure, raw, fresh sewage. Would you drink it, or throw it out???

Still, argumentum ad absurdum. I don't accept your premise, that a percentage of the majority of "modern translations" is 'poison' or 'sewage.' They may not contain the "best" translation, but they do contain perfectly(although not equally) valid translations in many instances. Merely because something is translated differently, it does not make it wrong, or 'poison.'

• Members

Please read the last verse of the last chapter of the last book in the KJV Bible - MVs are cursed bibles because they ADD to and TAKE from the Word of God.

If you don't want to burn the MVs, you can use them in the outhouse for TP if you want to - the pages are nice and soft, even better than a Sears and Roebuck! Reduce, reuse, and recycle! :thumb

• Members

Please read the last verse of the last chapter of the last book in the KJV Bible - MVs are cursed bibles because they ADD to and TAKE from the Word of God.

If you don't want to burn the MVs, you can use them in the outhouse for TP if you want to - the pages are nice and soft, even better than a Sears and Roebuck! Reduce, reuse, and recycle! :thumb

This verse only deals with the book of Revelation itself, not the entirety of Scripture. How do we define "adding words" or "taking away words?"

• Members

I don't know how you could say something like that. Whether it is accurate or not, it still contains God's Word.

• Members

That's quite offensive, yet totally expected. Defecating on the word of God... shame. :Bible:

• Members

How is destroying an MV any different than destroying a supposedly Christian book filled with false teachings, or a letter from someone that contained inaccuracies? If you believe it is false or corrupt, there is nothing wrong with throwing it out or destroying it? Do you keep all the Watchtowers they leave in your mailbox? Why not, it has SOME Bible in it...

• Members

How is destroying an MV any different than destroying a supposedly Christian book filled with false teachings, or a letter from someone that contained inaccuracies? If you believe it is false or corrupt, there is nothing wrong with throwing it out or destroying it? Do you keep all the Watchtowers they leave in your mailbox? Why not, it has SOME Bible in it...

So essentially what you're saying is that it's OK for someone to take their let's say (NAS) bible and defecate on it?