• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Perfect Bibles In Other Languages?

29 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

So, outside of a "google-search," you truly have no idea whether it's a good translation or not, correct? Have you ever dealt directly with the NWT? I have led two JW's to the Lord using the NWT...not easy, but it CAN be done. I'm not saying that the translation is good, but I am saying that it's still got enough of the meat of the KJV in it to win souls.

As you would not take my word for anything, I am left with showing you from other sources. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

As you would not take my word for anything, I am left with showing you from other sources. 

It has nothing to do with taking your word for anything, it just seems like 95% of your replies are not your opinions, just copy and paste links from the web. 

I actually would rather have a conversation with you rather than the internet. I have access to Google as well if I want to know peoples opinion. 

now back to the O.T.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Just stumbled across this conversation while searching the internet for something else. Just wanted to point out that the New World Translation is based on or at least influenced by corrupted manuscripts. You can see this for yourselves, it only takes one text to illustrate this. Just look up Revelation 8:13 in the NWT.
And I saw, and I heard an eagle flying in midheaven say with a loud voice: “Woe, woe, woe to those dwelling on the earth because of the rest of the trumpet blasts of the three angels who are about to blow their trumpets!”

There are no pure-line Bibles on planet earth that use the word "eagle" in this text. The word "eagle" was not in the original text, but was inserted during all the corruptions that were flooding the church during the 4th & 5th centuries. Bibles based in or influenced by corrupted manuscripts use "eagle" - but ALL pure-line Bibles use "angel" not "eagle."