• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Is The Best Publisher Of The King James Version?

Guest Guest

Hi everyone. I have read that the KJV sometimes differs among publishers. Who is the best publisher to get a KJV from? :puzzled:

• Members

The Defined King James Bible is excellent.

As far as publishers go, I don't know if there are ones that are better or best - but for those who are concerned, I would stay away from Thomas Nelson. From what I have read, it is mostly these guys who are changing words here and there - mostly just spelling or capitalization - but I would stay away from them even because of that. Somewhere along the way, the meaning is going to get changed (for example, changing Spirit to spirit in some passages gives the impression that it is not the Holy Spirit but man's spirit that is in view).

• Members

I particullarly like the ones produced by the ministry, Bearing Precious Seed. They are a local church ministry. Here is a link:

http://www.bpsmilford.org/store.html

I have heard nothing but good about these Bibles,I would like to see one.
I also talk to many owners of the Defined and they like them too.

Nothing I hate worse than mistakes in Bibles, I have a brand new Thompson and it collects dust.

Guest Guest

Thank you everyone. The KJV Bible that I have is from Thomas Nelson Publishers. My pastor seemed to think it was alright so I will stick with it until I have the money to buy one off of BPS. :smile

• Members

I have heard nothing but good about these Bibles,I would like to see one.
I also talk to many owners of the Defined and they like them too.

Nothing I hate worse than mistakes in Bibles, I have a brand new Thompson and it collects dust.

I've seen numerous BPS Bibles, and they are gorgeous. And they are original text, no spellings or capitalizations changed. This is my preference, but I am a little more protective of my bible than some.

The best part about BPS Bibles is the price. Here in Canada, you can barely find a wide margin Bible anymore, and very few retail outlets carry them. Imagine the odd looks I got trying to explain that I needed a wide margin Bible, and it couldn't be anything but King James. When I finally found one, it was going to cost around $120 CAD. The BPS wide margin Bible will cost me around $50. If you are looking to get a good KJB, these ones are great!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I particullarly like the ones produced by the ministry, Bearing Precious Seed. They are a local church ministry. Here is a link:

http://www.bpsmilford.org/store.html

I use one of their Bibles. Very good quality and excellent text.

They have a new site:

http://www.localchurchbiblepublishers.com/
http://lcbplansing.org/_public/2.%20Bibles/Bibles-Show%20all%20by%20price.htm

• Members

A few of the many incorrect readings in many KJV editions:
Joshua 19:2 "Beer-sheba, and Sheba" (correct reading is "Beer-sheba, or Sheba")
2 Chronicles 33:19 "sins" (correct reading is "sin")
Jeremiah 34:16 "whom he" (correct reading is "whom ye")

• Members

A few of the many incorrect readings in many KJV editions:
Joshua 19:2 "Beer-sheba, and Sheba" (correct reading is "Beer-sheba, or Sheba")
2 Chronicles 33:19 "sins" (correct reading is "sin")
Jeremiah 34:16 "whom he" (correct reading is "whom ye")

From the examples Samer gave, 2 of my Thomas Nelson KJV Bibles had 1 error each, while my Authorized KJV's were correct. Samer, is there a web site that shows all the errors?

• Members

I like the bibles produced by B&L Missionary Foundation. They have a pretty decent bibles that you can get for around $3 It opens nice and has portions underlined and a plan of salvation in the back. They don't have a website. BUt if anyone is interested I can get their number. God bless. :)

• Members

Bible & Literature Missionary Foundation
713 Cannon Blvd.
Shelbyville, TN 37160
931-684-0304
They produce bibles in English Russian, Hungarian, and Spanish
New Testaments in English, Russian, Romanian, Hungarian, Spanish, Creole & Mosquito(Dawan Bila-an Indian dialect)
They also print good christian books and booklets. Also if you are a missionry they will give you the "missionary price" God bless. :)