• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What If I Don't Feel Saved?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone. What should I do if I don't feel saved? I know that one should not rely on feelings but sometimes I seriously wonder if I am saved and I have said that sinner's prayer (and meant it) countless times.

• Members

Re-read Romans and I John and see what Christ did for you...not what prayer you said or how much faith you had. Remember God made a promise and will keep it, and remember there are always times we do not feel saved...usually when sin is in our lives, even just the sin of not having devotions or a good prayer life.

• Members

1 John helped me out a lot. I struggled with my salvation for a long time (several years, keep in mind I'm only 18). After hearing some preaching out of 1 John about a year and a half ago, all my doubts fled and I have been completely different ever since.

• Members

1 John helped me out a lot. I struggled with my salvation for a long time (several years, keep in mind I'm only 18). After hearing some preaching out of 1 John about a year and a half ago, all my doubts fled and I have been completely different ever since.

1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Yes, in 1st John he tells us how we can know for sure that we are saved. John also speaks about the sin unto death which can be committed by believers in verse 16. This is when rebellious children of God willfully and continuously sin and fall from their repentant state. This usually ends with physical death as punishment.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

I have found that once I really understood that there are no "grey areas", and that there is only right and wrong, the devil would attack me differently. By this I mean that when you accept Lord Jesus as your Savior...you know what's REALLY going on in the world. It is a battle between God and the devil. Instead of attacks of self-pity, hate, or anger- he would try to make me doubt my salvation. My advice is simple...PRAY PRAY PRAY! I was taught the Lord's prayer at a very young age, and when the devil tries to taunt me- I just start to pray it. It will stop him(devil) right in his tracks. The Lord wants us to turn to Him for ALL, no matter what the problem.
Psalm 50:15 "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me". Hang in there- our Father in Heaven loves us, and His promises are ALWAYS kept! :godisgood:

• Members

Reflect on the time that you first prayed for salvation and remember the peace that accompanied that prayer. Rest assured that only you and God can know for sure. If sin continually without experiencing Gods' chastising you pray for clarity. Discuss this with your Pastor or his wife. Get it settled quickly. I thought I was saved for many years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I come to think those thoughts and feelings is spiritual battle going on . to get you so you dought your self so you dont share the gospel or pray for people , or to do what God would have you to do. it keeps you focused on yourself rather than jesus. I struggle with this constanly still do . some days are worse than others. expesally when I find myself in sin I think Im I really saved christians arnt sopposed to think that or say that or what ever it might be i find my self doing or even my attuidude. when I get like this i just pray that God would forgive me and ask he help me not be this way to rember Jesus died for all my sins past , present and future sins. Jesus already won the victory and I ask that he help me to have victory over this. and help me to obey him and help me to share the gospel and to to love him with my whole heart mind and soul. and to love my neibour as my self.
just rember his promises keep your focus on Him.
I think paul said it best in romans 7:14-25

Guest Guest

Keep in mind that church attendance or membership has nothing to do with salvation.

Oh I know. I don't trust in works for my salvation. I trust in Jesus alone. However, church attendance is a good thing and the Bible even tells us not to forsake church.

Hebrews 10:25 KJV Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

About feeling saved

If in doubt it doesn't hurt to ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit, but if you are in Christ Jesus you should have the witness of the Spirit.
Romans 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God

Randy

• Members

The fact is this. If you believe that Jesus diesd for your sins, rose again to conquer death and is the Son of God...And if you know that you are a sinner deserving to go to hell because you've broken at least one (probably all, like everyone else) of God's laws, but Jesus paid that penalty for you...then whether you "feel" it or not, you are saved! Now whether you're going to start racking up rewards in heaven is up to you. But Jesus only had to die once for the sins (as someone else said, past, present and future) of mankind.