• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Windows Updates

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

When I turned off my computer last night, it said that it was going to install some updates before it totally shut down...no problem, right? I just completely reformatted the hard drive a few days ago, so I thought everything would be fine. Well..this morning I turned on my computer again, and an error popped up! :-S

It said one of the files (it was DLL something...) had been relocated. I had the same error before I reformatted my hard drive, so I knew something was weird. I googled the name of the error, and some guy had posted about it on his blog...he had the same problem when he ran the updates on Windows. Then he gave a link to a patch to fix it, and now the problem is gone.

I don't like Windows anymore...I want a Mac!!! :bawling:

• Members

lol. Afraid Linux is not ready for most mainstream users yet. I used it for several weeks and it was a much bigger learning curve than Mac OS X is. Especially since you have to learn at least several basic terminal commands for installing, compiling, tweaking, etc. Plus, finding drivers for certain peripherals and such. Personally, I liked Linux but I like OS X much better.

• Members

lol. Afraid Linux is not ready for most mainstream users yet. I used it for several weeks and it was a much bigger learning curve than Mac OS X is. Especially since you have to learn at least several basic terminal commands for installing, compiling, tweaking, etc. Plus, finding drivers for certain peripherals and such. Personally, I liked Linux but I like OS X much better.

Have you tried Ubuntu 7.04? They've got a GUI thingy for installing restricted drivers now. It'll download, install, and configure nVidia drivers all automatically for you. I'm gonna be installing Linux on my assistant pastor's computer, btw. :Bleh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...