• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Post something, we'll start.

As Jesus Taught - including the events that must take place before His return and when He would gather His elect. No mention of a pullout of anyone before these events unfold

Matt 24

15"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel

• Members

As Jesus Taught - including the events that must take place before His return and when He would gather His elect. No mention of a pullout of anyone before these events unfold.

How about these:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The context is immediately followed by:

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

These verses also deal with the rapture:

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Revelation 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Revelation 4:1-2 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

• Members

ow about these:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Yes the dead in Christ shall rise first. This is on the last day and the day the door will be shut. By evening of that day as stated in zech 14 we will be with the Lord in Israel. Daniel 12.1 at that time...Rev 16:15 Behold I come like a thief..Zech 14:6 On that day... Matt 24:30 At that time.....

Randy

• Members

Yes the dead in Christ shall rise first. This is on the last day and the day the door will be shut. By evening of that day as stated in zech 14 we will be with the Lord in Israel. Daniel 12.1 at that time...Rev 16:15 Behold I come like a thief..Zech 14:6 On that day... Matt 24:30 At that time.....

Zechariah 14 is referring to Israel, not to the church. Jeremiah 30:7 refers to the time of Jacob's trouble, not the churches' trouble.

Not sure what you are trying to state here - that the tribulation period is only 1 day long? Some of these passages are referring to the whole tribulation period, and some are referring to a specific point in it. You are confusing things if you are trying to state that all of these phrases are referring to some exact 24 hour period within the tribulation.

• Members

ow about these:

Randy

Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The Rapture occurs 7 years "PRIOR" to the "end of the world", you have to remember at this time, the rapture wasn't known, Paul revealed that later, so the disciple were actually asking about Jesus return, which occurs at the end of the trib period.

Do you know anything about "JEWISH LAW", I'm referring to having to flee on the sabbath.

Under Jewish, you were not allowed to perform any work or even "Carry" anything, such as things you might need to take with you if you had to "FLEE" on the sabbath.

Jews even numbered the number of steps you could take on the sabbath.

The "Church" certainly isn't going to flee into the mountains of Judaea, again you have to remember that end time prophecy focuses on "ISRAEL", not the church, Israel is where all the "ACTION" takes place and where Jesus's prophecy in Matt 24 is focusing.

The "LAST TRUMP" is Revelation is one of seven angels, angels which "DO NOT" have the authority to "Resurrect the dead", only the "VOICE OF JESUS" has the "POWER" to "raise the dead".

The "LAST TRUMP" in 1Co 15:52 is the last time the "COMFORTER" (Vocie of Jesus) will speak, and it resurrects those dead, changes those who are alive and "Rapture" them to were he is, Heaven.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

"TRUMP" is a "VOICE", and if you don't pay attention to whom the "VOICE" belongs, Jesus/Angels, you'll get mixed up,

Jesus said "my sheep hear my voice", but we'll be in heaven listening to that last trump of the angels.

Israel will return under the OT system of "law and prophet" during the trib, without a "Comforter", as it was in the OT.

Ec 4:1 So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors (satan) there was power; (prevail over trib Saints) but they had no comforter.

• Members

Zechariah 14 is referring to Israel, not to the church. Jeremiah 30:7 refers to the time of Jacob's trouble, not the churches' trouble.

Not sure what you are trying to state here - that the tribulation period is only 1 day long? Some of these passages are referring to the whole tribulation period, and some are referring to a specific point in it. You are confusing things if you are trying to state that all of these phrases are referring to some exact 24 hour period within the tribulation.

I am showing the scriptures that speak of the Lords return. Those left alive are caught up in the air on that last day. Not to go back to heaven but will reign on the earth with the Lord, which begins that same day. The dead in Christ rise first - they are coming back with the lord. 1st Resurrection

Randy

• Members

Wow - you sure got a busy day ahead of you! Good thing that I and most other Christians will have seven years in Heaven where we will experience the Judgment seat of Christ and the marriage supper of the Lamb before we come back to reign with Christ. Ah, the relaxed pace of Heaven...

• Members

I am showing the scriptures that speak of the Lords return. Those left alive are caught up in the air on that last day. Not to go back to heaven but will reign on the earth with the Lord, which begins that same day. The dead in Christ rise first - they are coming back with the lord. 1st Resurrection

Randy

A "DAY" with God can be 24 hours, one years, or a thousand years.

The "Last day" in the context you're referring too is a "Thousand year day".

When Jesus returns, no one meet him "in the air", those dead who are not with Jesus are the unsaved dead, these remain dead, so "NO ONE" is resurrected "OUT OF THE GROUND" at Jesus's return.

Re 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The OT saints Jesus took to heaven when he ascended, the rapture Church, those martyred during the trib, all return with Jesus,

1Th 3:13 at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Those who survived the trib will enter the MK.

In a "Rapture", people "LEAVE" the earth,

In a "Resurrection", they "RETURN" to the earth.

• Members

Wow - you sure got a busy day ahead of you! Good thing that I and most other Christians will have seven years in Heaven where we will experience the Judgment seat of Christ and the marriage supper of the Lamb before we come back to reign with Christ. Ah, the relaxed pace of Heaven...

see post above as Jesus taught

30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

• Members

Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The Rapture occurs 7 years "PRIOR" to the "end of the world", you have to remember at this time, the rapture wasn't known, Paul revealed that later, so the disciple were actually asking about Jesus return, which occurs at the end of the trib period.

Do you know anything about "JEWISH LAW", I'm referring to having to flee on the sabbath.

Under Jewish, you were not allowed to perform any work or even "Carry" anything, such as things you might need to take with you if you had to "FLEE" on the sabbath.

Jews even numbered the number of steps you could take on the sabbath.

The "Church" certainly isn't going to flee into the mountains of Judaea, again you have to remember that end time prophecy focuses on "ISRAEL", not the church, Israel is where all the "ACTION" takes place and where Jesus's prophecy in Matt 24 is focusing.

The "LAST TRUMP" is Revelation is one of seven angels, angels which "DO NOT" have the authority to "Resurrect the dead", only the "VOICE OF JESUS" has the "POWER" to "raise the dead".

The "LAST TRUMP" in 1Co 15:52 is the last time the "COMFORTER" (Vocie of Jesus) will speak, and it resurrects those dead, changes those who are alive and "Rapture" them to were he is, Heaven.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

"TRUMP" is a "VOICE", and if you don't pay attention to whom the "VOICE" belongs, Jesus/Angels, you'll get mixed up,

Jesus said "my sheep hear my voice", but we'll be in heaven listening to that last trump of the angels.

Israel will return under the OT system of "law and prophet" during the trib, without a "Comforter", as it was in the OT.

Ec 4:1 So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors (satan) there was power; (prevail over trib Saints) but they had no comforter.

• Members

see post above as Jesus taught
30"At that time... 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Context is very important when it comes to rightly dividing the Word of truth. Who is Jesus speaking to or about in Matthew 24, and who is being spoken to in 1 Thessalonians 4? In the first case it is the Jews, in the second the church. The Jews were prophesied that they would go through this time of trouble; whereas the church has been promised deliverance from that time of God's wrath.

• Members

Context is very important when it comes to rightly dividing the Word of truth. Who is Jesus speaking to or about in Matthew 24, and who is being spoken to in 1 Thessalonians 4? In the first case it is the Jews, in the second the church. The Jews were prophesied that they would go through this time of trouble; whereas the church has been promised deliverance from that time of God's wrath.

Right,

In the Rapture, Jesus reaps
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, (heaven) there ye may be also.

Second coming, Angels reap.

Rapture, Righteous severed from among the unsaved, going to heaven.

Second coming, Unsaved severed from among the righteous, going to hell
Mt 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire:

These reaping are the opposite of the other.

• Members

Right,

In the Rapture, Jesus reaps
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, (heaven) there ye may be also.

Second coming, Angels reap.

Rapture, Righteous severed from among the unsaved, going to heaven.

Second coming, Unsaved severed from among the righteous, going to hell
Mt 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire:

These reaping are the opposite of the other.

Christians who die go to heaven - (no soul sleep) and that is what jesus is teaching in the vs in john not a rapture

Randy

• Members

1 thess is speaking to the body of Christ. All that body is the church. When these events unfold all the church left alive on earth will go through them. The specific letter was sent to the church of the Thessalonians.

To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
Grace and peace to you.

The same people Paul is speaking to in 2 thess and that that day wouldn't occur prior to the revealing of the anti-christ who does so in the temple of God. As Jesus taught when that event happens flee to the desert. (the mount of olives will be split in two pieces to allow that to happen for those in Jerusalem in those days)

3When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach. 15Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring