• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can Openers

• Members

I've always just used the cheapo manual crank can-opener. :lol: I wish they made one for left-handed people though. There's one battery-powered one that I've seen advertised on TV, but I can't remember the name of it. You clip it onto the top of the can and it opens it by itself.

When I was growing up we had a Ronco can-opener. I hated that thing. I always shocked myself every time I touched it.

• Members

My wife has a unit from Pampered Chef that is a side cutting, smooth edge opener. It operates on the very same concept as the Hamilton Beach item up there, except that it's hand crank job. The reason we prefer that is there is never a need to worry about power outages.

Mine is a P-38, from USAF issue. I keep it on my key-chain. :lol:

• Administrators

My wife has a unit from Pampered Chef that is a side cutting, smooth edge opener. It operates on the very same concept as the Hamilton Beach item up there, except that it's hand crank job. The reason we prefer that is there is never a need to worry about power outages.

Trish just purchased that one and I just got it in the mail yesterday. I have not used it yet.

• Members

You are going to love it, BroMatt. :lol

It is simply the neatest thing, and not only that but we all know that Pampered Chef has a reputation for high quality that they have to uphold. I especially like the ease with which it operates. It is small, compact and lightweight. It appears to be built to last just about forever, or maybe a day short of that. :lol:

• Members

I bet PE's got one with a recoil starter, Mine looks just like the sister's above, same color even, plus I got them Army Surplus can openers, they are fun,, My apprentice used a grinder to remove the top from his beens one day.

Hehehehehehehe, I hafta tell ya, Slinger, those boys at Pampered Chef really know how to make kitchen tools. My hat's off to them. :thumb

• Members

This is the one I've had for several years now. I love it because it cuts in such a way that there are smooth edges and the lid lifts off instead of falling down in the can. :ideas:

http://www.kitchencollection.com/Temp_P ... u=00322582

What kind do you use?

I use a can opener that does the same thing except it isn't electric and doesn't lift the lid for you. It's a manual hand crank can opener that leave smooth edges. I love it too because I never have to wash it like I do with with regular manual can opener (the juice gets on the blade). I brought it from walmart.

• 2 weeks later...