• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Favorite Once Saved Always Saved Bible Verses

Guest Guest

• Members
If you are quoting those verses to try to teach that someone can lose their salvation, you might want to actually study them out in context.

Must be sad to always be worrying about whether you will make it, whether you are good enough or have done enough good works. The truth is, you haven't (none of us have) - so if you are depending upon what you can do to get to Heaven, you are lost as can be.

Amen.

Mine is John 5:24

He that heareth my word I heard the word
And believeth on Him that sent me I put my trust in Jesus
Hath everlasting life "hath" is present tense...means I've got it right now
and shall not come into condemnation "shall not" means what it says
but IS PASSED from death unto life When I beleived, I passed from death unto life

Some say, "what if you stop beleiveing?"
Supposing...... I had only believed for one split second.....
According to that verse......
At that split second I "have" everlasting life
At that split second......I shall not come into condemnation
At that split second.....I passed from death unto life.....right then and there.

It's not up to me to keep me saved, it's all Him.
And I still believe after 22 years.

• Members

It is quite evident that if you study the Word as though you actually believe it, you will certainly be re-assured again and again that once you are saved, it is His Work, not our work.

I think that the question doesn't lie in what is the best verse to look to, but whether or not God's Word is believed in the first place.

• Members
Some say, "what if you stop beleiveing?"
Supposing...... I had only believed for one split second......

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

BelievETH means "to keep on believing". The true believer won't stop believing - if they did, their faith was not real to begin with.

• Members

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

BelievETH means "to keep on believing". The true believer won't stop believing - if they did, their faith was not real to begin with.

Absolutely true.
A saved person is a new creature in Christ. Indwelled with the Holy Ghost.
But maybe I didn't make my point clear. I was trying my best to explain the security in that verse.

SUPPOSE you "kept believing" for a day a week, a month, or 100 yerars...then SUPPOSE you stopped beleiving. As long as you "believETHED" for that length of time, for that short length of time you
HAD????...no it says HAVE(hath) present tense
SUPPOSE you stopped believing- you still HATH everlasting life......present tense.....have it right now
SUPPOSE you stopped beleiving- even so, you SHALL NOT come into condemnation....
SUPPOSE you stopped believing- you already PASSED FROM DEATH TO LIFE...
It's a done deal!!

Sure I still believe, I am born of the Spirit.....Jesus lives in my heart. I am sealed by the Holy Ghost. For that reason, and since I have passed from death unto life, I STILL BELIEVE after 22 years. It is possible for my faith can be shaken, I could doubt, I could become defeated. But it's not up to me to KEEP BELIEVING to get me to Heaven. It's up to Him. That verse says I "HATH, SHALL NOT, and I PASSED from death to life"

• Members

Both go together - those who KEEP believing are those who HAVE everlasting life. The one who only "temporarily believed" was never saved to begin with:

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Matthew 13:6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
Matthew 13:20-21 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

• Members
Both go together - those who KEEP believing are those who HAVE everlasting life. The one who only "temporarily believed" was never saved to begin with:

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Matthew 13:6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
Matthew 13:20-21 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself[/, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Absolutely
A "head knowledge" but no "heart knowledge".
The "earth" is the heart.
The Word never took root in the heart. The Holy Ghost did not indwell them.

• Members

Romans 4:22-25
22"And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness."
23"Now it was not written for his sake alone,that it was imputed to him:
24"but for us also,to whom it shall be imputed,if we believe on him that rasied up Jesus our Lord from the dead."
25"Who was delivered for uour offences,and was raised again for our justification."

Some who oppose OSAS claim "that phrase isnt in the bible",thats true but the word justification is and thats what justification teaches....OSAS.
When we believe on Jesus for salvation He imputes his righteousness to the believer,Jesus has perfect righteousness.So we are made righteous on the merits of Jesus and his death burial and resurrection.So for God(The Father) to 'reject' a saved person who sins,He would have to reject Jesus(God the Son),because when he sees us he sees Jesus' righteousness not our own.We are saved and kept saved by Jesus and his blood atonement and resurrection,What a Graceful God!!!! :amen:

• Members
Jerry wrote:
If you are quoting those verses to try to teach that someone can lose their salvation, you might want to actually study them out in context.

Must be sad to always be worrying about whether you will make it, whether you are good enough or have done enough good works. The truth is, you haven't (none of us have) - so if you are depending upon what you can do to get to Heaven, you are lost as can be.

Amen.

AMEN!!!

I just had to share this with you. It is so beautiful. The title is "Lead Me to Calvary"

http://kate-p.blogspot.com/

• Members

Anyone who believes that they can be saved by their "good" works have fallen from grace (Gal.5:4), and it is by God's grace that we have "been saved" through faith (Eph.2:8). Matt.7:22 describes those who believed that their works would save them as they say to the Lord on the day of judgment, "...Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" Those who already possess eternal life and are saved shouldn't worry about whether their "good" works/being good enough could earn them the right to go to Heaven. Saved persons don't keep the commandments because they feel that doing so can earn them the right to go to heaven, but keep the commandments because of their love for God (Jn.14:21). And now that we are saved...our life that we live should be lived for God and not to fulfull our fleshly desires. I'm sleepy now because it's past my bedtime. lol :smile

Love,
Madeline

• Members
Anyone who believes that they can be saved by their "good" works have fallen from grace (Gal.5:4)' date=' and it is by God's grace that we have "been saved" through faith (Eph.2:8).[/quote']

Galatians 5:4 is referring to believers who get stuck in legalism - those who were already living by grace, and then turning to works to earn God's approval. Fallen from grace doesn't mean loss of salvation or unable to be saved.

• Members

I don't think it refers to believers per se because Paul specifically addresses those who attempt to be justified by their works (whosoever of you are justified by the law), and no believer believes in justification by works. Paul may have been speaking to a mixed crowd, but he was addressing his statement towards those who are NOT saved (those who try to be justified by the law) as the context shows. "....whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." Whosoever of you clearly does not refer to believers.

Love,
Madeline