• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Favorite Once Saved Always Saved Bible Verses

Guest Guest

• Members

I John1:1-4. Here we see our salvation just as secure as the Lord Jesus Himself.

<< 1 John 1 >>

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 ° (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship ° is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

• Members

'If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Corinthians 3:15

Shows that there can be loss of reward but no loss of salvation.

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: that in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus." Eph 2:6

We are already seated in heavenly places. Positionally we are already there! :) That's pretty safe, wouldn't you say? :)

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." Eph 4:30

Pretty awesome that we are SEALED. And we know that if it's something God has done, man can not undo it. :)

Guest Guest

'If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Corinthians 3:15

Shows that there can be loss of reward but no loss of salvation.

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: that in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus." Eph 2:6

We are already seated in heavenly places. Positionally we are already there! :) That's pretty safe, wouldn't you say? :)

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."Eph 4:30

Pretty awesome that we are SEALED. And we know that if it's something God has done, man can not undo it. :)

Yes, it is awesome that we are sealed until the day of redemption. If we are sealed, how can we possibly lose our salvation? Here are some of my favorite Bible verses concerning once saved always saved:

John 10:28 KJV And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29 KJV My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Romans 8:35 KJV Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:38 KJV For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39 KJV Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:31 KJV What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

• Members

I'd say the section in Romans 8 is my favorite section that supports the topic.

I really like Hebrews 7:25:
"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

The reason we can have eternal security is because Christ does the keeping! :godisgood:

1 John 2:19 is also good stuff:
"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

There's no doubt that, when God saves a person, God keeps that person. Hebrews 6 is a chapter many use against eternal security, but it backs this up as well:

Hebrews 6:9:
"But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak."

:woohoo:

• Members

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Can't get anymore plain then that. =)

2 Timothy 2:11-13
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:9-11
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

• Members

My favorite eternal security verses are John 10:27-29:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. (John 10:27-29)

• Members

Try Romans 8:29-30
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death;

Ro 6:14 for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Ro 5:13 sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Ps 32:2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity,

Ro 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

• 3 months later...

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." - Matt. 24:13 (KJV)

"Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." - Romans 11:22 (KJV)

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matt. 7:21 (KJV)

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." - 1 Cor. 9:27 (KJV)

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." - Phil. 2:12 (KJV)

"They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away." - Luke 8:13 (KJV)

• Members

If you are quoting those verses to try to teach that someone can lose their salvation, you might want to actually study them out in context.

Must be sad to always be worrying about whether you will make it, whether you are good enough or have done enough good works. The truth is, you haven't (none of us have) - so if you are depending upon what you can do to get to Heaven, you are lost as can be.