• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prophecy Today

• Members

What you seem to be saying is that someone can follow the Lord genuinely for a time and then later turn away completely. The Bible teaches that there are tares among the wheat and that those will later apostasize. However, the Bible teaches that the moment a true believer comes to the Lord Jesus Christ in repentance and faith, they are made a new creature in Christ - they don't have to wait until the end to see if they are saved or will last. God changed them already. You are mixing things up. True believers can backslide, but God won't let them continue in unrepentant sin without chastisement - whereas a faker can seemingly serve the Lord for years before "falling away" - though in that case, they were never saved to begin with.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

2 Peter 2:20-21:
You conveniently left out verse 22:
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
They're still dogs and pigs! It's the case of the pig that tried to wash itself...But pigs love mud, so it went back in. But God never changed it from being a pig. Never saved to begin with.
Matthew 24:45-51 - False assumption to say they were saved.
Romans 11 is talking in a national sense.
John 15:1-11 Never says somebody personally abided, and then stopped abiding in Christ.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
(Ephesians 1:3-13)

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
(Romans 8:28-32)

I have no idea how a person can believe both the passages about God's foreknowledge and predestination, and eternal insecurity.

• Members

There is a member on another forum who is known for posting prophecies. So I was wondering if the gift of Prophecy is still in effect today. I have heard innumerable prophecies from self-proclaimed prophets, all which have failed. We all know that there are bundles of false prophets that have gone out into the world to deceive many. But are there truly any genuine prophets still around today? Has the gift of prophecy been done away with? Or are they all shams?

Love,
Madeline

The gospel is to be preached -Also the 12 foundations of the city listed in Rev are named after the 12 Apostles of the Lord. The foundation of that city has been completed.

Luke 16:16
16"The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it.

Randy

• Members

The Bible teaches that there are tares among the wheat and that those will later apostasize. However, the Bible teaches that the moment a true believer comes to the Lord Jesus Christ in repentance and faith, they are made a new creature in Christ

Also important to note is that tares and wheat look very similar until they bear fruit - hence the inability to remove them early.

For your coparison - Tares:
dolik.jpg

and Wheat:
wheat%20closup.jpg

• Members

Glory to Jesus!

Dear Samer, The Lord's warns that those who do not abide in Him will be destroyed, and Paul confirms that in that he declares that those who follow after wickedness will be cut off from the 'good olive tree'.

John 15:1-11 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Romans 11:20-22 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

And indeed we are told that the situation as regards the Israelites in the wilderness, and their apostasy therein, and the Lord's response to such was given to serve as instruction unto us, which matters would be rendered pointless if the severity as regards the Lord's response to apostasy did not apply also to believers under the New Covenant.

1 Corinthians 10:11-13 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

And the Lord again warns in Matthew 24 of not only an apostasy due to the level of wickedness that arises just prior to the man of sin's debut; but that those saved are those who remain faithful to Him during those times. Indeed taking heed to that warning will prevent some from falling away; in that they will be careful to remain in a proper relationship with Jesus. Our safety and continued blessedness in the Lord; as always; is based on heeding His word.

Matthew 24:4-14 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

2 Peter 1:19-21, 2:1-3 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Are all these false teachers mentioned above, who are bringing in damnable heresies, also heading for the promise land? And how exactly do they deny the Lord who bought them if they were never in a saving relationship with the Lord to begin with? And what of the book of Jude which pronounces destruction upon those who turn aside to evil ways? How are these men 'twice dead' if they weren't alive once?

Jude 1-25 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

According to God's word the 'wheat' are those who abide in Christ while the 'tares' are those who don't; they having turned away from the faith. That is the major distinguishing criteria; which is all but obliterated under the OSAS salvation 'regardless of abiding in Christ' doctrine. Indeed that philosophical interpretation of scripture makes abiding in Him totally unnecessary for salvation. No where does scripture teach any concept whereby eternal life is found apart from holiness; which as we all know consists of abiding in Christ.

Hebrews 12:11-29 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things that that of Abel. See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.

Maranatha

• Members

Tares were never saved - they were fakers who made it look like they were children of God. It is not a true believer who just never followed the Lord all the way, it is someone who went through the motions and fooled others.

• Members

Bryon

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death;

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Mt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The "LAW" requires a "DEATH" for even "ONE SIN", and no "JOT/TITTLE" required by the law will go "UNFULFILLED" by a "DEATH".

If sins we commit after we're were saved were charged against our salvation, we'd all lose salvation, most likely with in the hour, certainly with in the day.

If we could lose our salvation, and the law requires a Death, Jesus would have to come back and die again to fulfill the law, as he did the first time.

Heb 9:22 and without shedding of blood is no remission. (of sins)

Life is in the blood, and without the shedding of a "LIFE" (blood/death) there is no remission of sin, the wages of sin is "DEATH".

"REPENTING" will not "TAKE AWAY" sin, only a death can pay what the law requires.

"GOD NEVER FORGIVES SIN",

Every Jot/tittle that violated the law will be paid by a "DEATH", no exceptions.

Saved today, lost tomorrow, saved the next day, doesn't have anyone dying for that sin to fulfill the laws requirement, that is the remission of sin and no death, in effect, making Jesus's death "Worthless".

If you've been saved, you've been "SEALED", it's the only way according to the law that Jesus doesn't have to come back and die again, he died for the sin of the "WHOLE WORLD", beginning to end.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Believers suffer chastisement when they rebell, unbelievers, Wrath.

I'd suggest a study of the "law" and it's application.

• Members

Greetings in Jesus Name,

The parables concerning the wheat and tares are but one part of the Lord's revelation which needs to be combined with those other relative facts in order to have a complete and realistic picture. The truth concerning tares as fakes when placed within context indicates only that there are some who only appear to be disciples; but are not true followers at all. That matter does not negate apostasy regarding true disciples, and indeed the tares as bogus disciples couldn't fall away for they were never in any position to do so.

The Lord's warning concerning; 'abiding in Him' cannot apply with respect to tares for the tares, being fake, could not have been abiding in the Lord to begin with. Paul's warning concerning 'being cut off' is directed at true disciples; for the false having never been grafted in to begin with, rules out any possibility of their being; 'cut off'. In the analogy concerning Esau; he had a genuine birthright which he lost through his folly. The word; 'apostasy'; which means; 'a departure', cannot apply to those who never were in the faith to begin with.

There is no doctrine in God's word to the effect that unrepentant and apostate behaviour among true born again believers will only result in some loss of rewards. If that concept were true then we would expect to find a verse which states so. That being the biblical situation the OSAS doctrine concerning only a loss of rewards with respect to abject apostasy amounts to an out of context interpretation of scripture rather than something that was initially derived therefrom.

The New Testament contains many warnings as regards continuing in the faith while assuring believers that their steadfastness will result in eternal salvation which blessedness hinges on their abiding in Christ. The subject really comes down to whether or not a person must abide in Christ in order to be saved. OSAS says, "No"; while God's word on the other hand invariably says; "Yes!"; which matter rules out OSAS as valid doctrine.

The Lord said that believers must abide in Him, and not deny Him; or risk being rejected of Him; and indeed being alive unto God depends upon being in fellowship with Jesus. Since the New Testament declares, that those born of God can spiritually die through walking after the flesh, eternal life is shown to be contingent on continuing in the faith. OSAS encourages a perilous form of complacency which attitude of itself is found denounced in scripture as wickedness.

No evidence is available to prove that OSAS doctrine serves to prevent believers from falling away; and indeed that soteriological theory may well serve to prevent repentance in that failure to turn away from evil is esteemed to have only some secondary effect with regards to rewards only. By all indications OSAS provides a false assurance with regard to the wicked, while allowing a stumblingblock to be set before the saints, who don't need any such doctrine in order to have confidence in God concerning their salvation.

Maranatha

• Members

There is no doctrine in God's word to the effect that unrepentant and apostate behaviour among true born again believers will only result in some loss of rewards. If that concept were true then we would expect to find a verse which states so. That being the biblical situation the OSAS doctrine concerning only a loss of rewards with respect to abject apostasy amounts to an out of context interpretation of scripture rather than something that was initially derived therefrom.

How about this?
1 Corinthians 3
1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
Notice the address of 'brethren' indicates believers
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
Even though they were saved, they appeared and behaved in some ways as the world
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Salvation is the foundation for everything that we do afterward
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Rewards for things done well, and loss for those not - but HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;
22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;
23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
Even though they were seeking after wisdom of men, and defiling the temple of God, they were still Christs

• Members

There is no doctrine in God's word to the effect that unrepentant and apostate behaviour among true born again believers will only result in some loss of rewards.

I would encourage you not to do selective in your reading of the Bible OR of our posting here. The Bible teaches that apostates are those who NEVER believed Scripturally in the first place - they went through the motions and decieved others, but had never trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ alone for salvation. 1 John 2:19 - which deals with apostasy - is pretty clear on this fact. Even the parable of the sower and the seed teaches that there are those who temporarily "believe", but their joy is fleeting and they turn away because they had no root - in other words they had no foundation for their faith (and Jesus is that foundation).

• Members

Praise the Lord!

Paul's admonition concerning those who were yet carnal was a warning that their behaviour in some respects was not consistent with abiding in Christ; and he did not suggest that they do nothing and continue down the same path while assuring themselves that following after the ways of unregenerate men was acceptable and that they should continue to be immature as concerns the things of God. Paul wasn't starting a new religion based on making carnality and immaturity into acceptable standards for Christians to adhere to.

As regards the 'being saved by fire'; that is in reference to those true servants of the Lord who add unto the Gospel things that cannot and do not prove to be profitable. The Lord in order to preserve them destroys the vain constructions that they in their ignorance have added unto the Gospel; which defective materials no doubt were provided by the devil in order to insure that the building would collapse. Adding unto the Gospel may indeed be considered an occupational hazard in ministry; (The devil doesn't sleep.) however Paul was speaking against such folly and in no way providing a defense for such.

The rationalistic attempts to produce an explanation for born again Christians whose behaviour does not accord with the word of God tends to overlook the obvious in order to substitute in its stead an experimental model to account for such matters. The Pentecostals to solve the problem introduced the second blessing concept while conveniently ignoring the fact that one can only be born of God by way of initially being baptized of the Holy Spirit. OSAS deals with the issue by minimizing the consequences of sin with the result that walking after the flesh is incorporated and brought over into the Christian faith.

(Go back and read the second paragraph.)

The truth is definitely not found within compromise with evil; or yet by making a supernatural, post 'born again', experience into the remedy; the truth is that the power to live a godly life is found in Christ alone and not something that was installed as a component within our flesh to begin with. Abiding in Christ or not abiding in Christ explains the matter perfectly; which truth does not allow or require any additional complex man made soteriological theories. The consequences of eating the fruit off a tree ought to serve to convince one of what kind of tree it is that they are partaking of.

Maranatha

• Members

There is no doctrine in God's word to the effect that unrepentant and apostate behaviour among true born again believers will only result in some loss of rewards. If that concept were true then we would expect to find a verse which states so.

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Do you know what the "FIRE" represents??

Jer 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD;

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

That being the biblical situation the OSAS doctrine concerning only a loss of rewards with respect to abject apostasy amounts to an out of context interpretation of scripture rather than something that was initially derived therefrom.

Rewards can be lost, but not salvation.

The subject really comes down to whether or not a person must abide in Christ in order to be saved. OSAS says, "No"; while God's word on the other hand invariably says; "Yes!"; which matter rules out OSAS as valid doctrine.

If salvation depended on us "Abiding in the word", then we're saved by "WORKS", not "GRACE".

"GRACE" is "IN SPITE OF SIN", not the absence of sin, we all continue to sin.

The Lord said that believers must abide in Him, and not deny Him; or risk being rejected of Him; and indeed being alive unto God depends upon being in fellowship with Jesus.

No evidence is available to prove that OSAS doctrine serves to prevent believers from falling away; Maranatha

1Co 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you,

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

If "Spiritual fornication" (whoring after other gods) only resulted in the "Chastisement" of your flesh being turned over to satan but your soul still saved,

What sin could cause you to completely lose salvation???

Actually, there is none, God knew your "future" the day he saved you, He doesn't make "mistakes".

• Members

No one is minimizing the consequences of sin - just stating that the consequences you made up are not Biblical ones. God keeps His own - and the Bible is very clear that GOD ONLY GIVES ETERNAL LIFE, not conditional life.

By the way, this website does believe in eternal security, and you are a false teacher trying to promote your works salvation. We are not interested. Salvation is not up for debate here - it is not based upon your personal preference or quirks, but upon God's Word - and the Bible makes it very clear no one can separate us from His love, He keeps us by His power, no one can take us out of His hand, we will never perish if we trust in Christ for salvation. There is no if, maybe, perhaps, or chance in the issue - salvation is eternal for those who are truly saved.

• Members

Praise the Lord

There was no suggestion to the effect that salvation is based on works and indeed it was made plain that any good that proceeds from man is based on the grace of God to begin with. God's word makes it very clear that both grace and eternal life are found in Jesus Christ alone while OSAS doctrine claims that no one need abide in Christ in order to be saved; which absurdity separates the believer from both grace and eternal life.

OSAS claims that unrepentant continuance in sin cannot result in spiritual death whereas God's word maintains that those who walk after the flesh shall die therein for such represents a departure from not only His Son, Jesus Christ; but also a repudiation of the faith once delivered unto the saints; which Holy faith incorporates godliness; and does not in any way exclude such with regard to salvation.

Grace as relates to the way of salvation (And we are speaking of 'no other' form of grace, so called.) is of the Holy Spirit who teaches us to depart from iniquity in order that we not be partakers of the evil that is in the world. Therefore a doctrine of grace which contradicts the Holy Spirit in regards to being separate from evil; and therefore sanctified unto God through the blood of Jesus Christ, cannot be of Him.

To make obedience unto God irrelevant with regard to salvation is so horribly opposed to the New Testament record that such represents another religion altogether; and indeed any doctrine which excludes abiding in Christ with respect to salvation; to make regeneration through the Spirit of God, and deliverance from sin, and separation from the evil that is in the world unnecessary cannot in any wise be called Christian.

Romans 8:1-18 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Maranatha

• Members

I challenge you again to come to an understanding of the foreknowledge of God as it pertains to salvation.
In any case, perhaps this will help you better understand eternal security:

http://www.onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14788&p=209450&hilit=#p209450
http://www.onlinebaptist.com/ams/Article/Eternal-Security/22

Since both sides have just said the other believes a false Gospel, I don't know what good it would do to continue this thread.

As far as the prophecy, I believe it presented an incorrect view of the rapture and tribulation:
http://www.onlinebaptist.com/ams/Article/Why-I-Believe-In-A-Pre-Tribulation-Rapture/2