• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Close family?

• Members

How would you describe your family? (Mostly parents/kids, maybe some grandparents and aunts/uncles...whoever you consider fairly immedate).

I put you can vote up to two options because you may have different situations...

I voted "Semi close" for my sister and brother who we chat via phone or web several times per week, and "Get along" for my parents and grandparents because we occasionally email and VERY occasionally call but somehow there just isn't a huge communication line there. I wish we were closer but its just how my family is I guess. We are all long distance.

That does not count my inlaws....my husband stays in contact with them.

• Members

I did the first very-close and the first semi-close. Very-close is for my family because I still live with my parents so yeah, we're pretty close. :wink
Both sets of grandparents live 10 minutes and 20 minutes away. I have several aunts and uncles local as well(my dad is one of 9).

• Members

My closest relative lives nowhere near me now. My dad passed away a several years ago so my mother now stays with my grandmother in England. I'm not sure if my dad was saved and I never got to witness to him because I was kinda young and didn't know how to! :badday:

• Members

My closest relative lives nowhere near me now. My dad passed away a several years ago so my mother now stays with my grandmother in England. I'm not sure if my dad was saved and I never got to witness to him because I was kinda young and didn't know how to! :badday:

:hug, My mom died a few years ago from breast cancer. she was 57 years old. Your dad wouldn't die if he wasn't his time. Someone probably did witness him, but we won't know until we get to heaven.

• Members

:hug, My mom died a few years ago from breast cancer. she was 57 years old. Your dad wouldn't die if he wasn't his time. Someone probably did witness him, but we won't know until we get to heaven.

Thanks! That actually makes me feel a lot better. And I'm sorry to hear about your mom :sad , but I know that she is with the Lord. Sometimes I feel it would be much better to be with the Lord now if you know what I mean.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Very close, but live long distance so communicate very frequently

That was my answer, at least as it applies to my side of the family. My mom and dad both live in CA (though separately since they're divorced :sad ), and my sister lives in MT. We email back and forth quite often and we call at least twice (sometimes 3 X) per month. My in-laws live an hour-and-a-half away from us so we visit them at least twice a month. My mom visits us once a year, usually at Christmas-time though this year she is coming at Thanksgiving (for a change of pace). :smile

• Members

I voted "get along but are long distance and don't contact each other much". There's really nobody much left, except a few aunts and uncles scattered all over the country. We exchange Christmas cards, whatever that's worth. There was a reunion back in 1999 in Philadelphia that was fun, but the hosts have since passed on.

• Members

We are very close with our grown children and grand children. Sometimes I
wonder if that is good or not, but I love it, getting to be with them, seeing
most of them daily.
My father was struck down in his early forties with a heart attack. Later when
going through my mom's things I found a letter written to mother giving her sympathy from the pastor back then. In this letter it said that he rejoiced that my father had accepted Christ and was baptised just six weeks before he died. How I cried with joy at that knowledge. It still makes me tear up, knowing I will for sure know him some day. I was only 6 when God took him home and have always missed not having a father.
But God is good and gave me the most kind and loving husband in the whole wide
world. A good Christian man, who loves the Lord.
I hope those of you who wonder about your parents find out someday. J. Vernon McGee said once that he thought there would be many mothers in heaven rejoice when they saw their sons and husbands who accepted Christ at the last moment, just as the thief on the cross did. I hope he is right about that.

• Members

But God is good and gave me the most kind and loving husband in the whole wide
world. A good Christian man, who loves the Lord.

Well wouldn't ya know, He did that for me too! :thumb Praise the Lord for He is good!

• Members

I am very close with our both sets of parents and the kids, and semi close with aunts, uncles....we live a bit of a distance apart...but we have lots of get togethers through out the year.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to go back to the times when families all lived in the same towns their whole lives....