• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Catholic Church in Revelation

Guest Guest

• Members

That is an interesting interpretation, But I still believe it is referring to the physical temple in Jerusalem. There are three things about word study. 1. Root meaning, 2. general usage, 3. context. The first meaning in Thayer is a phsyical building, the second meaning is metaphorically referring to the spiritual temple of our bodies being the temple of the Holy spirit, yes it does refer to the body or the church. Clearly the context of 2Thess. 2:4 is the temple in Jerusalem.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well I do agree that 2thess is speaking of a actual temple and I do believe rev 11 speaks to us of more than a inner sanctuary. I however will continue to disagree that Catholics are the enemy depicted in the book of rev and I continue to view catholics as Christians.

Randy

• Members

What makes them Christians? Because the world says they are? Their doctrine of salvation does not line up with the Word of God - therefore they are not Christians, according to the Bible.

• Members
What makes them Christians? Because the world says they are? Their doctrine of salvation does not line up with the Word of God - therefore they are not Christians' date=' according to the Bible.[/quote']

Jerry, with all due respect you cannot say that all Catholics are lost. I have met some in past years that I felt like knew the Lord, but where still in the Catholic church. Marin Luther when he first was saved was still in the Catholic church. Some people hear the gospel through others sources, in their hearts they do not agree with Catholic dogma, but still remain in the Church. If they are relying on the Church for salvation and have not trusted Christ then yes, they are lost.

God Bless
John

• Members

Thanks for clarifying, John. That is what I meant as well - someone that believes the doctrine of the Catholic church, especially in regards to salvation, is not saved. There are some who call themselves Catholics - that heard the Gospel apart from the Catholic church - and got saved, but perhaps do not know enough Bible to leave the Catholic church yet. They may call themselves Catholics - but officially they are not, even according to Catholic doctrine such as the Councils of Trent.

• Members
Thanks for clarifying' date=' John. That is what I meant as well - someone that believes the doctrine of the Catholic church, especially in regards to salvation, is not saved. There are some who call themselves Catholics - that heard the Gospel apart from the Catholic church - and got saved, but perhaps do not know enough Bible to leave the Catholic church yet. They may call themselves Catholics - but officially they are not, even according to Catholic doctrine such as the Councils of Trent.[/quote']

Right on Jerry!

God Bless and Happy New Year
John