• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Catholic Church in Revelation

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone

I need some solid proof that it is the Catholic church that is going to be the one world church in revelation. I believe that it is, but people have been challenging me, and one person who is IFB is convinced that it is talking of the Muslims not Catholics.

Katy-Anne

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Vatican in Rome IS surrounded by seven hills and the "head" of the Roman church is the supposed "Virgin Mary" - the Pope THINKS he has the power of Jesus Christ until he returns, but the Roman church considers itself female - the "bride of Christ" as it were. IT IS NOT, IT IS THE HARLOT SPOKEN OF IN REVELATIONS. A harlot is someone who misuses her body for financial gain, which is exactly what the Roman church has done throughout the centuries - building it's wealth and power through the sale of indulgences and other evil/satanic tactics.

http://biblebelievers.com/tetlow/queenofall01.html

Guest Guest

Thanks Janet, I'm convinced myself that that is true I know a girl who has Catholic leanings that think it is only talking about the Roman state, and another person that believes it's the Muslims.

Katy-Anne

• Members

The Catholic church will be the head of the one world religion, with all the rest of the religions of the world united under it (which they are already attempting to do now). The apostle John was shocked because of how this religion appeared - it surprised him because it looked so real. Islam doesn't pretend to be Christianity, ie. the religion of the Bible - Catholicism does.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Now, it's fully possible that the world may not end for thousands of years, and we have no idea what is in place at that time

That being said, if you needed a one world religion today, you would use the Catholics and this is why

Muslums, are not a unified religion. They are at war with each other more then most people even realize. They would be considered charismatic, with large groups following a person more then a doctrine, and when this person dies breaking apart with the followers finding new leaders.

Hindu, Buddhist, snake charmers, all lack the central political organization of the catholic church. The catholic church has a monarchy well established, property all over the world, political connections, and funding.

If you picked an organization today, to use to establish a one world religion, and stamp out all others, the catholic church for the reasons above would be the shining gem to get a hold of.

On the other note, if you wanted to survive this union/take over of world religions, a church able to survive would need some basics:
1) Following of an established doctrine, not a leader
If the leader is removed, the church could continue. Idols, special "people of God" that are required, can be eliminated ending the church.
2) Local personal leadership
A central leadership could be removed taking hold of all churches under it's command. A local involved leader can take the church "underground" with ease.
3) Personal involvement of members
Members of a church would need to have a personal stake and investment into the church to go through the troubles of being involved with an underground "illegal" church.

Of course, I'm not stating the obvious that you'd need God, but from a strategic stance, I like the odds of IFB churches.

• Members
The Catholic church will be the head of the one world religion' date=' with all the rest of the religions of the world united under it (which they are already attempting to do now). The apostle John was shocked because of how this religion appeared - it surprised him because it looked so real. Islam doesn't pretend to be Christianity, ie. the religion of the Bible - Catholicism does.[/quote']

Question...

2 Thessalonians 2:4 - Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Do you think that the phrase "the temple of God" can refer to the church? (1Cor.3:16,17; 2 Cor.6:16; Eph.2:21; Rev.3:12), rather than the literal temple in Jerusalem? As in the antichrist being the head of an apostate church? Thanks in advance! :smile

Love,
Madeline

• Members

You're missing my point though. Vatican city is not part of Italy. It's not part of anything. Vatican city is it's own nation. It was created as an independent city state, completely sovereign, in 1927, or 1929.

The pope, is not just the pope, but an elected president overseeing an independent nation.

I don't know how to make this more clear: Vatican City is it's own nation.

The UN is not allowing a religious leader representation, but is allowing the representation of the leader of the country of Vatican City

• Members

Right, and 99% of it's residents live elsewhere? Who would you fight if you went to war with "that nation"? The Vaticans? The Vatican City is no more than that - a city - where the head of a religion resides. If you don't understand what I'm saying I can't help you.

Wayne

edited to add - Name me another religion with a UN representative! :puzzled: