• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Greatest Verse in the Bible

Guest Guest

John 17:24 - Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Nothing to really comment on but for me I think this is the greatest verse in the Bible. Thank God the Father that he always hears his Son! What an anchor for the soul in these perilous times.

Wil Ephesians 1:13,14

• Members

I have alot of favorite verses--the entire Bible! I really like the last two verses in Jude (24-25):

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Jude 1:24-25)

Great verses for the eternal security of the believer!

• Members

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Pslam 103:1,2

I love the way those verses flow. They have a poetry and worshipfulness to them and I love where they point us. (The rest of the Psalm is great too!)

• Members

Psalm 91:1 - He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. :tum

Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. :tum

• Members

Along those same lines Tim, I really like the beginning of the book of John:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

John 1:1-3

• Members

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

:thumb

• Members

Jehovah's Witnesses seem to be blinded by their apparent contradiction that if Jesus is a creation, then He would have created Himself, since He (The Word - Him) created "all" things.

• Members

That's true Madeline. It's amazing the way cults which want to call themselves Christian can twist, ignore, misinterpret and redefine what the Bible clearly says. Even more amazing is that so many people fall for this and most often get very defensive when someone tries to show them the truth.