• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Bible

• Members

Hi everyone I`m new to the forum and I`m a Catholic who wants discuss scripture, faith and stuff.

It is certainly good for me to know that other christians love the Word aswell.

I have heaps of questions to ask and not enough time in the day to ask them.

Are Catholics welcome here?

• Members

Grego, there is a big difference between a messenger(apostolos) and a mediator(mesites). We only have one mediator:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

However, there were several messengers(apostles) from God. Twelve for Israel and one for the Gentiles.

There were certain requirements for being an apostle as Peter spoke:

Acts 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Also, since the cannon of scriptures is completed, there is no more need for certain things:

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

We have the completed word of God, so there is no more need, nor can anyone qualify to be an apostle anymore. We have a completed testimony of Christ's resurrection:

Acts 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.