• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I read portions of the Book of Enoch. I don't necessarily read it as I read the canon of scripture, but it was interesting none the less.

There's a section that names specific demons who teach men different things, like how to build weapons for example. That part was interesting.

I also read some of what is thought to be the "Book of Jasher." Again, I don't read it like I do the canon of scripture, but it was also interesting. Satan actually tests Abraham as he does Job. He appears in several different ways, once as an old man; trying to talk Abraham out of sacrificing Isaac. Each test begins with Satan going before God, and reads just like the book of Job.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, here is an old thread. Delurking real quick....

Origen held to Arianism. Which would be the modern day equivilent of a Jehovah Witness.

Origen died about the time Arius was born. Origen believed that Jesus was an emanation of God. Jehovah's (possessive) Witnesses believe that Jesus was a creature.

I may be mistaken' date=' but I don't believe the quote in Jude is found in the book of Enoch, at least I didn't see it at the time I read it, and I was looking to see if it was there.[/quote']

It's supposed to be Enoch 1:9. This website puts it in 2:1, even though they refer to it as 1:9 on their homepage. Go figure.