• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I've got good news!

• Members

I just saved a bunch of money...at the finanical aid office at the hospital! They're going to absorb 90% of the costs of my surgery(aside from doctors costs[but my surgeon is waiving his fee anyway]), and I have to pay 10%. Now, 10% is still about $15k-$20k, but that's much more manageable than what it would have been. At first, they weren't going to give me any financial aid because my dad makes so much money. Then, we got to talking about prayer, and how my dad used to be an assistant pastor, and then all of the sudden, the two ladies who ran the financial aid stuff turned around, did some stuff, and gave me some great financial relief. Praise God for how He worked.

• Members
That's a blessing! (That surgery is $200' date='000?!?!)[/quote']

Give or take. I think that's what total costs are, including the doctor, anesthesiologist, anesthesia, 24 hours of ICU, 4-6 days inpatient care, nurses, etc. Open heart surgery is very expensive. For the first twelve to twenty-four hours after the operation, I'm going to have a nurse constantly by my bed to monitor my heart rate.

• Members
That's a blessing! (That surgery is $200' date='000?!?!)[/quote']

I can easily believe that.

About ten years ago a friend of mine had his six year old daughter in one of the N.J. hospitals and the total bill came to $375,000.00+.

He thought that the operation should have been routine, but it was still horrendously expensive.