• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

MrJim

Shooters

I have a Springfield XD 40. It is a great gun. IMO, better then the glock because of the palm safety, the hammer and chamber indicator, and the price. I also have a Mossberg 12 guage with pistol grip for home defense. I took my wife to the range a few weeks ago to get her comfortable with both guns. Everybody at the range had gun envy over the mossberg... It was hard not to be proud. :saint

[quote="qwerty guy"]Do video game guns count? if so I just became 2nd in the world at big buck hunter pro.... won over 2 grand so far.... Couple magazines interviewed me... it's been.... weird.[/quote]

That's interesting news. How much more competition is there before you become number 1?

That's interesting news. How much more competition is there before you become number 1?

One year. I was number one.... I lost it. 24 people competed for the world shootout title and 10,000.00. I cleared the winners bracket. It was double elimination though and a guy who lost his first match, worked his way all the way back up and beat me twice for the world title. So... one year.. that's what I have to do to become #1... wait for the next one.

the only gun i have shot is a twelve gauge my grandpa let me shoot at a family party.

wow, i'd like to go to one of your family parties sometime. hahaha :frog

My all time favorite gun to shoot was a Ruger Mark II .22 because it was so accurate' date=' light, and cheap to shoot. Now I carry a Beretta .22 auto and my wife carries a Taurus .25 auto.[/quote']

If my wife carried a gun, I'd divorce her and If I carried one she would divorce me.

My wife and I are both gun owners, rifles, pistols and shotguns, we both carry .45 acp, because we both understand when seconds count, police officers are only minutes away. So we would rather have a gun in hand than a cop on the phone. Both of our boy have been taught gun safety, and proper handling techniques since they were very young, and both are excellent marksman. We shoot as a family, we hunt as a family, and if need be we can certainly defend our home.

C

My wife and I are both gun owners, rifles, pistols and shotguns, we both carry .45 acp, because we both understand when seconds count, police officers are only minutes away. So we would rather have a gun in hand than a cop on the phone. Both of our boy have been taught gun safety, and proper handling techniques since they were very young, and both are excellent marksman. We shoot as a family, we hunt as a family, and if need be we can certainly defend our home.

C

Same here...... :thumb

C

:amen: Brother

Guest Guest

C

...To be perfectly honest, I do not think a woman/girl should have a gun. Why?
I do not think it is ladylike, for one. Furthermore, most people do not realize the pyschological damage killing (a human) can have upon an average person. As men, we are pyschologically tougher, and would be able to handle it better. However...
In war, snipers, many times battle-hardened men, when they leave the army, have nightmares and the like, because they can remember the faces of the men they have killed. Those are soldiers; rough and tough men.
In closing, then, I am strongly against women/girls having a gun, and the like. When I get married/consider getting married, I don't want to marry/court a girl who carries a 357. Magnum or a 9mm around in her purse. That is anything but ladylike.
I imagine most of you will disagree with me, but I think I need to say this.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

I do not think it is ladylike, for one. Furthermore, most people do not realize the pyschological damage killing (a human) can have upon an average person. As men, we are pyschologically tougher, and would be able to handle it better. However...
In war, snipers, many times battle-hardened men, when they leave the army, have nightmares and the like, because they can remember the faces of the men they have killed. Those are soldiers; rough and tough men.
In closing, then, I am strongly against women/girls having a gun, and the like. When I get married/consider getting married, I don't want to marry/court a girl who carries a 357. Magnum or a 9mm around in her purse. That is anything but ladylike.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

While I disagree with you, you may be surprised on which portion.

I completely disagree with you concerning men being psychologically tougher. We only think we are tougher, when in fact what we are is emotionally repressed by our culture and therefore don't generally show emotion freely and openly. Now I understand there are exceptions, but I believe this to be true in general of men.

When it comes to mental (or psychological) toughness, I firmly believe women have men beat by a large margin!

God bless,
Crushmaster.

What about a tazer is that more ladylike or what about mace is that more ladylike, or is it just that you feel a woman shouldn't defend herself at all. Do you plan to be at your future wife's side 24/7 to protect her or is she just going to be left at the mercy of the world?

C

[quote="CowboyPreacher"][quote="Crushmaster"]
God bless,
Crushmaster.[/quote]
What about a tazer is that more ladylike or what about mace is that more ladylike, or is it just that you feel a woman shouldn't defend herself at all. Do you plan to be at your future wife's side 24/7 to protect her or is she just going to be left at the mercy of the world?

C[/quote]

Just turn the other cheek!

You break inyo our house when I'm not home and instead of looking at a potential rape victim you will be looking at an extremely feminine lady who is a mother and will be looking to protect herself and her children (normal womanly instinct) w/ a 12g pump loaded w/ 3" 000 buckshot.

You break inyo our house when I'm not home and instead of looking at a potential rape victim you will be looking at an extremely feminine lady who is a mother and will be looking to protect herself and her children (normal womanly instinct) w/ a 12g pump loaded w/ 3" 000 buckshot.

Just turn the other cheek!

Guest Guest

C

No, I intend for the Lord to protect her, as he has my mother for all of my parent's well-over twenty years marriage.
As to the first part of your post, you are using a strawman, and exaggerating my point. Let me ask you this: do you consider it ladylike?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

No, I intend for the Lord to protect her, as he has my mother for all of my parent's well-over twenty years marriage.
As to the first part of your post, you are using a strawman, and exaggerating my point. Let me ask you this: do you consider it ladylike?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Have you seen pictures of Bonnie Parker posing with her gun? :Green

Guest Guest

Have you seen pictures of Bonnie Parker posing with her gun? :Green

No, I don't think I have. :wink
God bless,
Crushmaster.