• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shooters

MrJim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
My all time favorite gun to shoot was a Ruger Mark II .22 because it was so accurate' date=' light, and cheap to shoot. Now I carry a Beretta .22 auto and my wife carries a Taurus .25 auto.[/quote']

If my wife carried a gun, I'd divorce her and If I carried one she would divorce me.

• Members

My wife and I are both gun owners, rifles, pistols and shotguns, we both carry .45 acp, because we both understand when seconds count, police officers are only minutes away. So we would rather have a gun in hand than a cop on the phone. Both of our boy have been taught gun safety, and proper handling techniques since they were very young, and both are excellent marksman. We shoot as a family, we hunt as a family, and if need be we can certainly defend our home.

C

• Members
My wife and I are both gun owners, rifles, pistols and shotguns, we both carry .45 acp, because we both understand when seconds count, police officers are only minutes away. So we would rather have a gun in hand than a cop on the phone. Both of our boy have been taught gun safety, and proper handling techniques since they were very young, and both are excellent marksman. We shoot as a family, we hunt as a family, and if need be we can certainly defend our home.

C

Same here...... :thumb

• Members

C

:amen: Brother

C

...To be perfectly honest, I do not think a woman/girl should have a gun. Why?
I do not think it is ladylike, for one. Furthermore, most people do not realize the pyschological damage killing (a human) can have upon an average person. As men, we are pyschologically tougher, and would be able to handle it better. However...
In war, snipers, many times battle-hardened men, when they leave the army, have nightmares and the like, because they can remember the faces of the men they have killed. Those are soldiers; rough and tough men.
In closing, then, I am strongly against women/girls having a gun, and the like. When I get married/consider getting married, I don't want to marry/court a girl who carries a 357. Magnum or a 9mm around in her purse. That is anything but ladylike.
I imagine most of you will disagree with me, but I think I need to say this.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I do not think it is ladylike, for one. Furthermore, most people do not realize the pyschological damage killing (a human) can have upon an average person. As men, we are pyschologically tougher, and would be able to handle it better. However...
In war, snipers, many times battle-hardened men, when they leave the army, have nightmares and the like, because they can remember the faces of the men they have killed. Those are soldiers; rough and tough men.
In closing, then, I am strongly against women/girls having a gun, and the like. When I get married/consider getting married, I don't want to marry/court a girl who carries a 357. Magnum or a 9mm around in her purse. That is anything but ladylike.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

While I disagree with you, you may be surprised on which portion.

I completely disagree with you concerning men being psychologically tougher. We only think we are tougher, when in fact what we are is emotionally repressed by our culture and therefore don't generally show emotion freely and openly. Now I understand there are exceptions, but I believe this to be true in general of men.

When it comes to mental (or psychological) toughness, I firmly believe women have men beat by a large margin!

• Members

God bless,
Crushmaster.

What about a tazer is that more ladylike or what about mace is that more ladylike, or is it just that you feel a woman shouldn't defend herself at all. Do you plan to be at your future wife's side 24/7 to protect her or is she just going to be left at the mercy of the world?

C

• Members

[quote="CowboyPreacher"][quote="Crushmaster"]
God bless,
Crushmaster.[/quote]
What about a tazer is that more ladylike or what about mace is that more ladylike, or is it just that you feel a woman shouldn't defend herself at all. Do you plan to be at your future wife's side 24/7 to protect her or is she just going to be left at the mercy of the world?

C[/quote]

Just turn the other cheek!

• Moderators

You break inyo our house when I'm not home and instead of looking at a potential rape victim you will be looking at an extremely feminine lady who is a mother and will be looking to protect herself and her children (normal womanly instinct) w/ a 12g pump loaded w/ 3" 000 buckshot.

• Members
You break inyo our house when I'm not home and instead of looking at a potential rape victim you will be looking at an extremely feminine lady who is a mother and will be looking to protect herself and her children (normal womanly instinct) w/ a 12g pump loaded w/ 3" 000 buckshot.

Just turn the other cheek!

Archived