• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shooters

MrJim

• Members
I primarily shoot handguns. I have the HK USP 9mm and .45. I am also looking at getting the HK USP .45 Compact for concealed carry.

HK builds great guns. I fired one of those squeeze-cocker jobs, P7 I think it's called, but that's all.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I had one for awhile but my wife is all freaked out about having guns in the house. So before I married her I sold it to a gun shop.

Methinks a wife needs some lessons in submissive behavior. :lol: Just kidding, of course.

Mitch

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Even though I'm not a shooter, there is a rifle that I would really like to build. It is one of those ultra-high accuracy muzzle-loaders, complete with false-muzzle, used for match-shooting. Those ol' boys that shoot those things are so accurate that all of their shots can be covered by a half-dollar piece, and that is at 1,000 yards. :cooldude:

I would build it for the challenge, not to shoot. I'd have someone else do that. :cool :Green It's just like my brother that builds race-cars for the 1/4 mile-strip. he builds but doesn't race. He has people for that. :thumb

• Members

I build all my own now days I really enjoy gunsmithing. I own alot of firearms, rifles pistols and shotguns. My wife is an avid hunter and fisherwoman, so between us and our boys we do alot of shooting and I do alot of reloading cause my wife will run 100 to 250 rounds a week through her .45 ACP 1911. And I average a 100 or so through my .45 ACP and 100 rounds through my .45 LC Ruger Vaquero every week. The boys run a few hundred rounds a week through there .22's and this time of year since rifle season will be starting soon they are taking the hunting rifles out more these days.

C

I own a "few" guns. :frog Naaaa... I might as well admit it... I am a confirmed gun collector-tinkerer-shooter. There are few physical things I like better than a nice piece of walnut and some blued steel. :lol I have reload all my own ammo since I was about twelve to...

• 8 months later...
  • Members

While on active duty I shot the M16.

I've also shot 9mm, .44 mag and different shotguns.

I used to own a .357 and an 8mm. Right now I own a .45. Unfortunately, that is all I can afford now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a Springfield XD 40. It is a great gun. IMO, better then the glock because of the palm safety, the hammer and chamber indicator, and the price. I also have a Mossberg 12 guage with pistol grip for home defense. I took my wife to the range a few weeks ago to get her comfortable with both guns. Everybody at the range had gun envy over the mossberg... It was hard not to be proud. :saint

• 2 months later...
  • Members

[quote="qwerty guy"]Do video game guns count? if so I just became 2nd in the world at big buck hunter pro.... won over 2 grand so far.... Couple magazines interviewed me... it's been.... weird.[/quote]

That's interesting news. How much more competition is there before you become number 1?

• Members

That's interesting news. How much more competition is there before you become number 1?

One year. I was number one.... I lost it. 24 people competed for the world shootout title and 10,000.00. I cleared the winners bracket. It was double elimination though and a guy who lost his first match, worked his way all the way back up and beat me twice for the world title. So... one year.. that's what I have to do to become #1... wait for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived