• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shooters

MrJim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only weapons I handled were the ones in air Cadets, Air Reserves and the really big gun on the HMCS Haida when it was at Ontairo Place ,

I was working on it, summer 1988, and we all would shift between restoration, keeping all the brass shiny, the gift shop, on the brow saying hi to tourists, security, walking around at closing to make sure no one got locked on board, it would be a dreadful thing to find a tourist the next morning still in the engine room :), one thing we all got to do was at noon we would fire the Gun so we got to put a round in it, wow those rounds are so huge. I always felt sorry for the birds. I was on my break one day and as I was walking on the other side of Ontario Place the gun went off and this poor bird that was flying did a back flip it was so scared.

When I was in Cadets we used a 22 rifle which I liked much better then the FNC1 we used in Reserves, it was lighter and did not have a kick like the FNC1 which sent me flying on my back when I was using it in a kneeling position of course it did not help that I had not used it before and then did not have my right knee in a 90 degree direction of my left leg, which could be why I landed on my back :). They also had us try a 9mm pistol but we only got to shoot once just to see what it felt like.

That is the last time I used any weapons, around 1987. Oh wait I tried Archery when I was in Quebec studying French. We went to a camp for a weekend and I tried Archery. It was very difficult to pull the string back but I did enjoy it.

• Members
most of my shooting is with a comb deer rifle target gun. love my 7mm mag' date=' pacs a wholop but sure is dead on. do a little trap with my son, he shoots on hs team.[/quote']

When you say combo deer rifle/target gun are you match shooting with the 7mm?

• Members

I carry a 38 with the old 4 inch barrel at work. I enjoy the h&k 40 cal and the desert eagle 50 cal. The sks is also fun shooting. You can never go wrong shooting the line of H&K rifles with the tri-burst. So much fun

• Members
I carry a 38 with the old 4 inch barrel at work. I enjoy the h&k 40 cal and the desert eagle 50 cal. The sks is also fun shooting. You can never go wrong shooting the line of H&K rifles with the tri-burst. So much fun

Sounds like you're in an interesting line of work... :cool

• Members
What does "H&K" stand for?

So far I only know S&W (and I'm not talking about canned fruits & veggies here :lol ). :wink

Heckler & Koch

They're a very high-end German firearms manufacturer specializing in military & police weapons.

Really sweet stuff :cool

• Members
I always liked shooting the Ruger P-90 .45. I had one for awhile but my wife is all freaked out about having guns in the house. So before I married her I sold it to a gun shop.

Ah the cost of love :clap:

I had to give up pets since my wife is allergic to everything.

Archived