• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shooters

MrJim

• Members

I love all guns that operate correctly or have historical importance. I grew up a hunter so all of my rifles are made for that (Winchester lever action 30/30 and Remington 7mm Mag). My pistols include an old Ruger .38 Special Revolver, Black powder revolver (my granddad built), Sig Sauer P250c 9mm, and Colt 22.

I love the Sig. I plan to purchase another pistol (probably another Sig P250 or a Sig P226). I eventually want to expand my rifle collection by purchasing an AR-15 and who knows what else.

I also plan on getting my concealed handgun license once I move from this sad state known as California....

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...To be perfectly honest, I do not think a woman/girl should have a gun. Why?
I do not think it is ladylike, for one. Furthermore, most people do not realize the pyschological damage killing (a human) can have upon an average person. As men, we are pyschologically tougher, and would be able to handle it better. However...
In war, snipers, many times battle-hardened men, when they leave the army, have nightmares and the like, because they can remember the faces of the men they have killed. Those are soldiers; rough and tough men.
In closing, then, I am strongly against women/girls having a gun, and the like. When I get married/consider getting married, I don't want to marry/court a girl who carries a 357. Magnum or a 9mm around in her purse. That is anything but ladylike.
I imagine most of you will disagree with me, but I think I need to say this.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

The psychological damage of stopping a threat against you or your loved one is far less than severe bodily injury, sexual assault, or death which justified the use of force. ;)

And I see nothing unladylike about a woman packing a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace in her purse. I don't see anything manly about it either. It's just a tool that the People (man and woman like) have a right to keep and bear, for their own protection, and for the defense of their state and country.

I carry a Walther PPS 9mm along with a Ruger LCP .380 as a backup. For plinking, I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle. And for zombie apocalypse, I have a Sig 556 (guns are expensive, and I don't have a lot of money- but I think it's every citizens duty to be prepared for just such an event). B)

• Members

The psychological damage of stopping a threat against you or your loved one is far less than severe bodily injury, sexual assault, or death which justified the use of force. ;)

And I see nothing unladylike about a woman packing a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace in her purse. I don't see anything manly about it either. It's just a tool that the People (man and woman like) have a right to keep and bear, for their own protection, and for the defense of their state and country.

I carry a Walther PPS 9mm along with a Ruger LCP .380 as a backup. For plinking, I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle. And for zombie apocalypse, I have a Sig 556 (guns are expensive, and I don't have a lot of money- but I think it's every citizens duty to be prepared for just such an event). B)

Sir,
I challenge you to think.
God bless,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello,

I have enjoyed shooting for years.  I have competed in IHMSA ( which is just about gone now as a sport), IDPA, shooting matches of various types at a gun club about an hour from where I live (western NC).  I tend to shoot pistols more than lung guns, but I have a few.  My favorite is a Uberti 1860 Henry with brass frame...very pretty in 44-40.  I shoot some black powder and have a Uberti Colt Walker, a monster of a revolver.  It takes a full, or can take a full 60 grains of black powder X 6 and you can go through quite a bit of powder.  I reload my own fodder as I find the components for good prices, if I can them at all.  I have reloaded for years and use a Dillon for my pistols, otherwise I use a Lee Turret press.

• Members

The psychological damage of stopping a threat against you or your loved one is far less than severe bodily injury, sexual assault, or death which justified the use of force. wink.gif

I carry a Walther PPS 9mm along with a Ruger LCP .380 as a backup. For plinking, I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle. And for zombie apocalypse, I have a Sig 556 (guns are expensive, and I don't have a lot of money- but I think it's every citizens duty to be prepared for just such an event). cool.gif

You do realize that many say the "zombies"in the zombie apocalypse are US!  After all, a zombie is a dead person resurrected from the grave to walk around in a body that is seemingly indestructible. Just like our resurrected bodies will be, and the apocalypse will be when we return with Christ at Armageddon.  The lost like to portray Christian teaching as "brain washing" that prevents the victim from being able to think anymore, hence zombies eat brains. Some say the latest "zombie" craze is just a "prep" Satan is using to prepare those that will be his, for the battle.  Expect more "alien abduction"movies out of Hollyweird soon as well as Satan tries to prep the world with a plausible reason for the sudden disappearance of millions of Christians at the rapture. 

I just hope my 6 year old grandson doesn't hear about this zombie theory.  He would probably think it was the coolest thing in  the world if we, as Christians,  were all just future zombies in training.

Posted tongue-in-cheek. Please don't flame me if you take offense to the very concept.

Bro.  Garry

• Members

Speaking of zombies, I've noticed a growing trend of t-shirts featuring Jesus as a zombie and Christians as zombies. I don't recall what the wording is on all of them but it's always something to the effect that Jesus died, rose and walked so is one of the first recorded cases of zombies. Others point to Christians as being zombies because they eat the blood and flesh of Jesus.

Meanwhile, these things spread a lot throughout the sci-fi and horror crowds, but not only there but among preppers, some of whom are preparing for a real zombie apocalypse.

A few programs on TV have specifically featured the "zombie preppers" as they stockpile weapons for dispatching zombies and also weapons for dealing with criminal humans.

The quality of The Walking Dead TV series has really helped to boost all this. (By quality I'm referring to the fact the show has an intricate story line, puts effort into realism, actually spends money to make things better; as opposed to low budget and stereotypical plots)

There are groups out there now who form together to prepare to survive the zombie apocalypse and also have information websites where one can learn what to have on hand for such, where to run to, what weapons work best, etc.

• Members

Speaking of zombies, I've noticed a growing trend of t-shirts featuring Jesus as a zombie and Christians as zombies. I don't recall what the wording is on all of them but it's always something to the effect that Jesus died, rose and walked so is one of the first recorded cases of zombies. Others point to Christians as being zombies because they eat the blood and flesh of Jesus.

Meanwhile, these things spread a lot throughout the sci-fi and horror crowds, but not only there but among preppers, some of whom are preparing for a real zombie apocalypse.

A few programs on TV have specifically featured the "zombie preppers" as they stockpile weapons for dispatching zombies and also weapons for dealing with criminal humans.

The quality of The Walking Dead TV series has really helped to boost all this. (By quality I'm referring to the fact the show has an intricate story line, puts effort into realism, actually spends money to make things better; as opposed to low budget and stereotypical plots)

There are groups out there now who form together to prepare to survive the zombie apocalypse and also have information websites where one can learn what to have on hand for such, where to run to, what weapons work best, etc.

Are you kidding?

Well, certainly proof positive of the evolutionary gap theory. These people have big gaps between their ears.

Archived