• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Judgment of the Nations and The Millennium

• Members

This topic came up in another thread but I think it is more of a Prophecy topic. I would like to ask two questions based on Matthew 25:31-46:

What is the purpose of the Judgment of the Nations? On what is this judgment based?

Are those who enter the Millennium (in mortal bodies - the sheep) saved or, are those individuals "righteous" but not saved?

We already know that the "goats" will be cast into outer darkness--but what about the "sheep" who enter Christ's kingdom?

• Members

I believe the judgment will be to divide all those that are alive - not the same as judging us once we have died (ie. like judging the lost at the Great White Throne judgment or the saved at the Judgment Seat of Christ) - so all that enter the Millenium are saved.

We can only be righteous in God's eyes through the righteousness of God received by faith. God would not refer to people as righteous unless they had Christ's righteousness.

• Members
I believe the judgment will be to divide all those that are alive - not the same as judging us once we have died (ie. like judging the lost at the Great White Throne judgment or the saved at the Judgment Seat of Christ) - so all that enter the Millenium are saved.

Exactly...I also meant those that were alive. :java:

• Members

I believe that the Judgment of the Nations will occur when Christ returns after the tribulation, when He will judge the nations to determine which of them will enter the Millennial kingdom. I believe it is based on how the nations treated Israel (my brethren) during the tribulation. I don't believe that this means that the "sheep" were saved --they were physically saved (endured to the end {of the tribulation}), but not born again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Judgement of the nations -

When the Lord appears this judgment will take place.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

This is the Second Coming, not the rapture. he comes in glory, all nations are gathered instead of just the church. This timetable is after the Great Time of Jacob's Trouble.

The place of the judgment is:

Joe 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
Joe 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Joe 3:12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
Joe 3:13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

There is a basis for this judgment.

It does have to do with the treatment of "my brethren" as indicated in your post and also in Matthew 25:40, 45; Joel 3:3, 6-7

The result of this judgement is found in Matthew.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

It is hard to believe that the "brethren" in this passage [Mat.25] are the saved of this age, it would be almost impossible to believe that this many Christians would be found who are so ignorant of the offices of kindness to believers that are real ministers of the gospel and of Jesus Christ, it almost incredulous to suggest that these are Christians of this dispensation.

God bless,

Calvary

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
This topic came up in another thread but I think it is more of a Prophecy topic. I would like to ask two questions based on Matthew 25:31-46:

What is the purpose of the Judgment of the Nations? On what is this judgment based?

Are those who enter the Millennium (in mortal bodies - the sheep) saved or, are those individuals "righteous" but not saved?

We already know that the "goats" will be cast into outer darkness--but what about the "sheep" who enter Christ's kingdom?

Matt 25 is tough on a premil stance, but I would state that judgment would need to be pronounced at the 2nd coming for those left alive, but are not apart of the family of God. That judgment would take place 1000 years later according to the Will of God our Father as stated in Rev 20. God did not give a great deal of info about people in that time period. At the end of the 1000 years the dead in sin are raised and the judgment is carried through for all names not written in the book of life.

Randy