• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church needing a pastor

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have been asked to give more information about Bible Baptist Church.

#1 - We are an independent (unaffiliated) fundamental, King James Bible believing Baptist church.

#2 - We do not associate with or support any organized fellowships and we do not support any BBF missionaries.

#3 - Our church has been in existence for 20 years and there have been 7 previous pastors in those 20 years.

#4 - We cannot support a pastor full-time therefore he must be willing to get a secular job.

Sincerely,
Bro. Steve Smith

• Members

I am hereby withdrawing this advertisement for Bible Baptist Church.

We have been a part of the church for 4 months. I have been used as pulpit supply for the last 6 weeks and was under the assumption that I was the interim pastor until a new pastor could be secured. This past week I had a rather eye-opening experience.

#1 - The treasurer (who is the church's only deacon/trustee) considers himself to be the interim pastor as well as a one man pulpit committee. He wants me to preach only that which he approves of.

#2 - Even though the treasurer calls himself the interim pastor, he admits that he is not called to preach or to pastor. He is usurping pastoral authority. I refuse to preach anymore for Bible Baptist Church because of this (by the way, he can't preach worth a lick).

#3 - The treasurer has refused to issue monthly financial reports, even though the church constitution states that is one of his obligations.

#4 - The treasurer has talked about leaving the church to go to Bible school. It appears that he has also been personally responsible for providing the funds to pay the pastor's salary. It appears that he has used this threat of leaving as a way of controlling previous pastors.

#5 - I did candidate for the church but was turned down. I believe this is because I am an authoritative preacher and I insisted upon full disclosure of the church's financial condition.

Please do not candidate for this church and do not recommend anyone to candidate!

Sincerely,
Bro. Steve Smith

• Members

Bro. Smith,

Our prayers are with you and this church. My husband was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and we know all too well about the one man deacon/treasurer. Fortunately, he did not "feel led" to preach. Unfortunately neither did the congregation want to do anything to grow the church ("us four and no more" as the saying goes). We know what a heartache this is for you. We are praying for this church and that this deacon will be convicted about his attitude.
In Christ,
Curly Jo

• Members

I am adding this post as a final chapter on Bible Baptist Church.

Today, after the morning service, the treasurer (who calls himself the 'interim pastor') held a men's meeting in the pastor's office. He said that I was causing dissension in the church and requested that we leave. My family and I were kicked out of Bible Baptist Church today by a Diotrephes (III John 9,10). A God called preacher is not welcome at Bible Baptist Church.

Sincerely,
Bro. Steve Smith

• Members

Bro. Smith,

It is very hard on preacher's kids who have to watch things like this happen to their dad. We had a similar situation (twice) when our son was 12 and 14. As a result, he no longer goes to church. My husband never showed any unforgiveness towards these men but our son took it awfully hard. We will be praying for your family as you seek God's will and tell your children not to take it personally and that they should pray for this self-appointed "pastor". God will judge him about this. My husband has been very discouraged many times but has hung in there even though the Lord has not opened any doors for us to minister full-time. Pray for us as well. Thank you.