• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pope Benedict Urging Catholics To Evangelize

Guest Guest

The Roman Catholic Church was not founded until more than three centuries after the death of Jesus Christ, by the Emporer Constantine, who became a "Christian" and changed/replaced all of the Roman Gods into Saints...he integrated Christianity with Paganism to create what is now known as the Roman Catholic Church with the Vatican City in Rome as the capital city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_I

Oh, wow. I had no idea....that you don't know what you're talking about. The article says Constantine ended the persecution of Christians. He didn't even convert until he was on his deathbed. Your information is slightly flawed. The Vatican itself wasn't created until 1929.

Also, every Catholic Saint is a real person who lived, breathed and died for Christ. History can attest to that. I honestly have no idea where you get your facts from. Could you provide a reputable source, with accurate information? Some of these misconceptions and prejudices are ones that I've heard too many times. :roll

In Pax Christi
Andrew

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I seriously wish I had the time and inclination to pull out my material on this topic and post it here. However, after having spent about two years doing this on some other forums, I've come to realize that neither Catholics, nor Orthodox, care about the truth even when it's clearly put before them.

There are countless websites which clearly show the history of Christianity, the true history of the Bible, the true history of the actual church (which is made up of born again believers in Christ, not some man-made institution with unbiblical 'traditions'), etc.

You are clearly here to assert that the Catholic church is the one true church and to denounce whatever is put forth that contradicts this.

The Bible is clear that to argue, debate or carry on a discussion with such is pointless and not something we should waste our time with.

I'm sorry you have hardened your heart and I pray the Lord may soften it before it's too late.

:amen:

Guest Guest
I seriously wish I had the time and inclination to pull out my material on this topic and post it here. However, after having spent about two years doing this on some other forums, I've come to realize that neither Catholics, nor Orthodox, care about the truth even when it's clearly put before them.

There are countless websites which clearly show the history of Christianity, the true history of the Bible, the true history of the actual church (which is made up of born again believers in Christ, not some man-made institution with unbiblical 'traditions'), etc.

You are clearly here to assert that the Catholic church is the one true church and to denounce whatever is put forth that contradicts this.

The Bible is clear that to argue, debate or carry on a discussion with such is pointless and not something we should waste our time with.

I'm sorry you have hardened your heart and I pray the Lord may soften it before it's too late.

I'll let you in on something, if I didn't care about the Truth, I wouldn't be Catholic. :thumb

The Bible and Catholic tradition are not enemies as you claim. If you take the time to seriously study what the Church teaches and believes, you can draw accurate conclusions that aren't based on false assumptions and hatred for another religion.

History clearly asserts that the Bible was compiled at two councils (Carthage and Hippo) and approved by Pope Damasus I. Why you deny this, I don't understand. Another item, where in the Bible does it say the Church is made up of only born again believers? Does it say that in Matthew 16:18-20? Or what about in 1 Timothy 3:15?

Again, visit [spam]Spam removed[/spam] and compare the Holy Scriptures with Catholic belief. You are in my prayers as well.

Pax sit semper tecum,
Andrew

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hm, what a lot of misinformation pushed by Catholics...

The Bible was not created by the Catholic church, nor was it put together by them. There are lists in the 2nd century by various church fathers that list all of the books that we have in our Bible - that is more than 2 centuries before some Catholic council made their "official" declaration.

As far as Catholics believing in works alone or in works plus grace - it doesn't really matter as God's Word says this:

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

ANY mix of works plus grace is still considered works by God - according to God, salvation is ALL by grace, ALL by what Jesus did upon the cross of Calvary. He said, "It is finished." I would rather believe the Lord God than some pagan religion that contradicts His Word!

• Members

Enlighten me, then. Christ founded one Church. Just read Matthew 16:18-20. He didn't say it was an invisible Church either. The Catholic Church from the beginning has taught the same things. Why is it that Baptists, and various Baptist sects teach the same things as the Reformers or those who stemmed from them?

Pax Christi sit semper tecum
Andrew

No they haven't. They keep adding stuff as time goes on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well this is not such a great thing for them. Because catholics dont know enough about the bible to be evangelist. My uncle is a roman catholic and ask him about the bible and you get a kind of duh. so no they could never follow in our foot steps. Besides the catholics have always never follow up on anything they say at least in my experience.

• Members

Well, that probably is the case in some situations. Many Christians also have no idea what they believe. On the other hand, my grandfather(who is Catholic) knows exactly why he believes what he believes and he will give you Scripture too. He knows how to defend what goes on in the Catholic church, to a certain degree anyway.