Online Baptist

random fact game

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average Hershey Chocolate Bar doesn't last long at all when it is revealed to be in my presence. Legs or no legs.

GORILLAS HAVE LARGE NOSTRILS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BIG FINGERS

Random fact from my childhood:   My mother recently told this to my wife, and she asked me about it, and honestly, I had forgotten all about it. When I was 9, and my mother was at the hospital givin

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

On This Day...

A severe hailstorm over parts of Antelope and Boone counties in Nebraska stripped trees of bark and foliage, ruined roofs, and broke nearly every window facing north.

The temperature at Medford OR soared to an all-time high of 115 degrees to begin a two week heat wave. During that Oregon heat wave the mercury hit 100 degrees at Sexton Summit for the only time in forty years of records.

An early afternoon thunderstorm raked the east side of Tucson AZ with gale force winds, heavy rain, and numerous lightning strikes. A thirteen year old boy was swept through a forty foot long culvert by raging waters before being rescued.

Thirty-seven cities in the eastern U.S. reported record high temperatures for the date. Highs of 96 degrees at Bluefield WV and 104 degrees at Charleston WV were all-time records, and afternoon highs of 98 degrees at Binghamton NY, 99 degrees at Elkins WV, and 103 degrees at Pittsburgh PA, tied all- time records. Highs of 104 degrees at Baltimore MD and 105 degrees at Parkersburg WV were records for July, and Beckley WV equalled their record for July with a high of 94 degrees. Martinsburg WV was the hot spot in the nation with a reading of 107 degrees. Afternoon and evening thunderstorms raked the northeastern U.S. with large hail and damaging winds.

• Advanced Member

Drinking 16 ounces of ice water(0 degrees Celsius), requires the body to burn 17.5 Calories to warm the water up to body temperature. The recommended daily intake of water is 64 ounces (eight 8-ounce glasses). The body will burn 70 Calories if this amount is consumed as ice water.

• Advanced Member

If you eat a polar bear liver, you will die of vitamin A poisoning. As a carnivore which feeds largely upon fish-eating carnivores, the polar bear ingests large amounts of vitamin A, which is stored in its liver; in the past, humans have been poisoned by eating the livers of polar bears.

On This Day...

A cloudburst in West Virginia along the small creeks in Wirt County, Jackson County and Wood County claimed twenty lives. Rockport WV reported nineteen inches of rain in two hours and ten minutes that Thursday evening. Tygart Creek rose 22 feet in one hour, and villages were swept away on Tygart, Slate, Tucker, and Sandy Creeks.

A record deluge occurred at Smethport in northern Pennsylvania, with 30.7 inches in just six hours. The downpours and resultant flooding in Pennsylvania were devastating.

One of the most "photo-genic" tornadoes touched down in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis MN during the late afternoon. The very slow moving tornado actually appeared live on the evening news by way of an aerial video taken by the KARE-TV helicopter crew. The tornado, unlike most, was quite the prima donna, staying visible to tens of thousands of persons for thirty minutes. It was moderate in intensity, with winds of 113-157 mph, and caused 650 thousand dollars damage.

• Advanced Member

Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

Tex Ritter did a song called "Deck of Cards" about a soldier caught with a deck of cards in church. The soldier used the deck of cards as his Bible since he didn't have one. In the song the soldier explains what biblical aspects the cards represent.