• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Joshua Gomez, son of Dr. Keith Gomez

• Members

This young man has sustained life-threatening injuries in a motor cycle accident. As the son of a fundamental Baptist preacher, Dr. Keith Gomez of Elgin Illinois, he is the subject of many hearfelt prayers for his recovery. I do not know him personally, but I have listened to and have been blessed by all his sermons on line for some time. I would covet your prayers for this young man, and, especially his family, who. though understandably heartbroken, are optimistic and trusting God in this matter. Please add your prayers to those already going up for him and his family.
mailto:bcwallace78@juno.com

• Members

This is part of Bro. Gomez' post on the church website....

This is Pastor Gomez. The wife and I are here dictating this letter to you, our loved ones. I want to say that I love you and miss you and want to thank you for your prayers and your concern for us and our son, Joshua. He's a very injured young man and at the scene of the wreck they said it was over, but he survived.

At the hospital at Redding, they gave him no hope and called him a prime candidate for an organ donor. Dr. Johnson said it was a blood bath in the ER, but he survived. They medevaced him to the University of California-Davis, the number one trauma hospital in California. The trauma team was shocked that he was still alive. They called me for permission to do surgery, and gave me the laundry list of his injuries.

We definitely need to continue to pray for him, if you would please, folks. He's in the best possible hands physically speaking, but the Lord has given a miracle. It's definitely a miracle that he's still alive. He's responding to us, believe it or not, but he's not out of the woods. I don't want you to feel that he is. I want you to continue to pray hard.

For the complete post.....http://northwestbbc.com/

I knew Bro. Gomez at Bible College and have been in his church a couple times. He's a good man and they are all in our prayers.

• Members

Just received this at 6/19/2007 2:30 PM

Josh is making some progress. Barring infection/pneumonia, the talk now is more of recovery than survival, but it will be an extended process. More reconstructive surgery is planned. Josh is mostly breathing on his own, but the ventilator kicks in automatically if he does not.

His heart rate is down, perhaps farther than it should be with all things considered. His eyes are still swollen shut, so he can't look and see, but he continues to respond with thumb up/thumbs down when spoken to, etc.

Thank you for your continued prayers!
Doctors have not been able to save the
lives of others in accidents less serious
than this, so this is a miracle already!

If you would like to send cards or letters
to Pastor Gomez and his family, Please
send them to

Dr. Keith Gomez c/O
Kiwanis Family Help House
2875 50th Street
Sacramento, CA 95817

• Members

Praying for this family. My brother was in a bad motorcycle accident many years ago, so I have a lot of empathy for them. God brought my brother through it; praying he will also bring this young man through this as well.

• Members

Praying for you Josh and asking that you get better soon, miss you man! I have faith that everything will be good in few months.

Dear Josh's Family, if there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. I'm in Algonquin and I can be reached at 507-382-0711. My prayers are with you through this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Pablo M.