• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

So I missed service yesterday morning, by the Grace of God

• Members

That is quite enough of THAT Will !!!! Continuing to spread lies and rumors about King James is equal to attempting to discredit the work he comisssioned as well. Are you trying to provoke your brothers (and sister) to wrath?
:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

(wiping the dust off the barrel of my shotgun)

I believe it was you who brought that rumor to the thread Will - even though your last sentence was a really LAME attempt to qualify it as a "rumor" ... that is like telling your best friend - don't tell anyone else, but....

that is how vicious rumors continued to be spread. [bible]Proverbs 12:22[/bible]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So, are you wanting rumors to be spread that you sit around with a shotgun on your lap ready to shoot at a moments notice? What's with the shotgun stuff??? Who sits around with a shotgun on her lap on the front porch? Really, I'm way confused what the need for those comments are for.

• Members
So' date=' are you wanting rumors to be spread that you sit around with a shotgun on your lap ready to shoot at a moments notice? What's with the shotgun stuff??? Who sits around with a shotgun on her lap on the front porch? Really, I'm way confused what the need for those comments are for.[/quote']

Huh? :puzzled: Shotguns?

• Members
So' date=' are you wanting rumors to be spread that you sit around with a shotgun on your lap ready to shoot at a moments notice? What's with the shotgun stuff??? Who sits around with a shotgun on her lap on the front porch? Really, I'm way confused what the need for those comments are for.[/quote']

It's all right - I have my hunting license and my NRA sticker! I have a legal right to defend myself don't I? :Bleh

• Members

Well it seems to me there's some innuendo to all your references about a shotgun, and it makes no sense to me. So, you're on the computer making posts here while sitting on your front porch cleaning your gun and that's your only meaning to the talk of the shotgun? Sorry, but you've got me way confused.

• Members

God told the kings not to multiply wives - show me any other command where having multiple wives was forbidden to the common folk. In fact, there are passages that teach the Israelites how to take care of their other wives.

Yes, I know the overall Biblical PATTERN is one husband and one wife - but there is no command against multiple wives; therefore Abraham or Jacob were not sinning when they married more than one wife at a time.

• Members
God told the kings not to multiply wives - show me any other command where having multiple wives was forbidden to the common folk. In fact, there are passages that teach the Israelites how to take care of their other wives.

Yes, I know the overall Biblical PATTERN is one husband and one wife - but there is no command against multiple wives; therefore Abraham or Jacob were not sinning when they married more than one wife at a time.

I said nothing about Abraham or Jacob in connection with polygyny. Not a thing.

• Members

?? Well, I did. Is there a problem with me commenting on their wives in a thread that was discussing whether multiple wives was wrong or not? Frankly, I don't get you some times. You want people to give answers from the Bible, then you get miffed when they refer to other parts that shed light on the issue being discussed!?!

• Members
?? Well' date=' I did. Is there a problem with me commenting on their wives in a thread that was discussing whether multiple wives was wrong or not? Frankly, I don't get you some times. You want people to give answers from the Bible, then you get miffed when they refer to other parts that shed light on the issue being discussed!?![/quote']

Our discussion on polygyny had to do with David and Solomon. Suddenly, when I show that the Bible condemned this for kings, you switched to Abraham and Jacob. Why?

• Members
Is this the kind of stuff that they teach y'all at the Bible Colleges? If it is, then I am glad I have never been!

(me sitting here in my rocking chair on the front porch tonight with my shotgun across my lap and my Bible in my hands, faithful hound dog at my feet)

I feel as if every slur and slanderous remark made against King James is just a purposeful attempt to discredit him and thus discredit my Bible. I will defend them both until the day I die. No, I do not think that King James was a saint - none of us are. Neither do I believe that he was some sort of homosexual ogre either and nothing you can say or do is going to make me change my mind about that!

(gentle rocking continues - flop eared hound dog ears up and alert, low growling - just like he always does when strangers are at my door)

Now I have here a nice little article that discusses King James and the Puritans as a rebuttal by someone who took a class at Bob Jones University - I wasn't there when this class was taught, but had I been there, I would have demanded a full refund for that class in particular.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/KJBju.htm

Another article that is also relvant includes "Did King James I burn Baptists?"

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/guilty.htm

(It's a warm summer night, the moon is shining bright, crickets are chirping, hound dog went back to snoozing, I am speaking soft and slow, trying to figure out where all of your thoughts are originating from?)

Sometimes I wonder what on earth these institutions of Higher Learning are teaching our young people today? Is this where they get the idea that there is no hell? Is this where they get the idea that all they have to do is go "One two three, repeat after me" in order to get sinners saved? Are they the ones teaching our young men and women that any old Bible will do? Are they the ones who have taught our young people that King James was some sort of scurrilous villain? Are they the ones who have perpetuated the centuries old slander and rumor, and innuendo as truth, so that nothing written in the Holy Bible that he commissioned can be accepted as the Final Authority?

(All of that has to be coming from somewhere and that seems to be the only common denominator I can ascertain - if it isn't, well then you can tell me where you think it is coming from? I wish I could see your faces out here in the dark, to see what kind of reaction you are having, but since this is sort of "blind media" I just have to wing it.)

So it's OK to murder someone because they don't believe the same you and I believe? If that's the case, we should all go to our nearest Catholic church and start murdering people there. Would that be right? Would it be Godly?

King James was not Godly. He was the leader of the Anglican Church. He believed in infant baptism, in salvation by good works, and worshiping of Mary. He terrorized true believers to the point where they had to move overseas to escape, or else be imprisoned or fined.

I feel as if every slur and slanderous remark made against King James is just a purposeful attempt to discredit him and thus discredit my Bible.

Your feelings are mistaken, and are quite opposite from the truth. James was not a godly King, but God still used him.

• Members

So it's OK to murder someone because they don't believe the same you and I believe? If that's the case, we should all go to our nearest Catholic church and start murdering people there. Would that be right? Would it be Godly?

King James was not Godly. He was the leader of the Anglican Church. He believed in infant baptism, in salvation by good works, and worshiping of Mary. He terrorized true believers to the point where they had to move overseas to escape, or else be imprisoned or fined.

Your feelings are mistaken, and are quite opposite from the truth. James was not a godly King, but God still used him.

I have never killed anyone in my life, nor have I threatened to kill anyone. King James most emphatically did not believe in infant Baptism, nor any of the other slurs that are being bandied about on this thread. Where do you guys get all of this junk? No one is quoting ANY sources - just spreading godless lies as if they were absolute gospel truth and they are not.

Now anyone who believes as I do, that King James was just a man whom God used for his service, and wants to sit on my porch and defend King James and King James Bible are more than welcome to sit here with me. I have a fresh pot of coffee brewing and a heart full of love and fellowship.

All of you anti-christian godless liberals can just keep your distance...
:Green :frog

• Members

Quite right. As King of England, James was the head of the Anglican church. He used his two roles to jail and persecute Puritans, forcing the Mayflower voyage to Amerca.
The [ur=http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/History/religion.phpl]Church of England is paedo-baptistic, which is to say that they practice infant baptism. They also see Communion as being more literal than symbolic.