• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

So I missed service yesterday morning, by the Grace of God

• Members

No, He turned their evil around and made good out of it.

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There is a big difference between sins we have repented from and sins that we are currently living in. The argument behind the accusation of King James being a homosexual (which has clearly been refuted publicly) was that if he was living that way, God could not have used him. God cannot use ANY Christian (or unbeliever) while they are walking in sin.

I agree! :amen: :thumb

• Members

Why not?

Will are you one of those liberals who think everone in the Bible was a Homosexual - from Noah all the way through to Jesus Christ himself (I have heard sodomites speak of Jesus and John the baptist as if they were "a couple")? Or are you just being "the devil's advocate" once again?

King James was NOT a sodomite. Period. End of story.
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/rumors.htm

• Members
No, He turned their evil around and made good out of it.

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Yes, but God did use them to further His purposes. One doesn't have to be saved for God to be able to use them. Of course, there are things God won't use a lost person to do, but He does yet use them to bring about His desire. God used heathen nations to punish Israel.

• Members

Okay - but you know what I mean. God may use them despite them, but that is not the same thing as Him working through them and using them like He would use a dedicated, separated believer - nor does it reflect His endorsement of them or their activities. God is sovereign over all things and all people - but that does not mean He is using that person for His glory.

• Members

"God cannot use ANY Christian (or unbeliever) while they are walking in sin."

Then it was a believer who promoted Joseph to second in command. Then it was a believer that allowed Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.

I maintain yet that God can use anyone He chooses, or else the heart of the king is not in His hand.

Have you never heard of a non-believer speaking out before a believer to say something like, "I didn't think Christians (fill in the blank)." Does God not use those statements in a Christians heart? Do you believe that God is not working through that unbeliever?

• Members
Okay - but you know what I mean. God may use them despite them' date=' but that is not the same thing as Him working through them and using them like He would use a dedicated, separated believer - nor does it reflect His endorsement of them or their activities. God is sovereign over all things and all people - but that does not mean He is using that person for His glory.[/quote']

Okay, I think we agree here. I only pursued this because there are those out there who believe that God is incapable of using wicked people for His own purposes. I didn't think you meant that but wanted us to be clear. Thanks for putting up with this. :Green

• Members
Okay - but you know what I mean. God may use them despite them' date=' but that is not the same thing as Him working through them and using them like He would use a dedicated, separated believer - nor does it reflect His endorsement of them or their activities. God is sovereign over all things and all people - but that does not mean He is using that person for His glory.[/quote']

God used Moses the Murderer, David the Adulter and Murderer and Polygynist, and Solomon the Polygynist and Idolator, as well as Peter the Denier and Legalist, Abraham the Liar, Jacob the Trickster, and many others. God will use whomever He will.

• Members

Will, you are blowing a big smoke screen here. We are ALL sinners - but God did not use those people you mentioned WHILE they were walking in those sins, and that is the difference.

This is what God said - argue with Him if you want about who He will use:

2 Timothy 2:19-21 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

• Members
Will, you are blowing a big smoke screen here. We are ALL sinners - but God did not use those people you mentioned WHILE they were walking in those sins, and that is the difference.

This is what God said - argue with Him if you want about who He will use:

2 Timothy 2:19-21 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Not really a smokescreen there. David and Solomon were both polygynists, and broke the Law in doing so. God used them in spite of this. David likely wrote many of his Psalms AFTER becoming a Polygynist, and Ecclesiastes can certainly be said to have been after Solomon's polygyny. God used Peter in the early church in spite of Peter being a hypocrite who would eat with Gentiles unless his Jewish buddies came around.

• Members

Quite honestly....when i first heard those accusations against King James..I researched where they came from. Interesting to study the man that was making the accusations against King James. He wrote lies and had them published AFTER his own death so he wouldn't have to answer for them. Interesting study indeed.

• Members
Not really a smokescreen there. David and Solomon were both polygynists' date=' and broke the Law in doing so. God used them in spite of this. David likely wrote many of his Psalms AFTER becoming a Polygynist, and Ecclesiastes can certainly be said to have been after Solomon's polygyny. God used Peter in the early church in spite of Peter being a hypocrite who would eat with Gentiles unless his Jewish buddies came around.[/quote']

Actually, the Bible does not prohibit polygamy - it gives commands about what to do in regards to having multiple wives.

Paul rebuked Peter for his hypocrisy - when it happened. There is no evidence to back up the idea that God was using him while he was living in hypocrisy. God penned it in Scripture to show He had a problem with it.

Why don't you stick with the Bible and show us what kind of person God says He will use, instead of arguing that He can or will use anything? There is a big difference between Him overturning sin in the lives of His people - and saying He is using the sin and the sinner in the first place.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Then let's all live like the Devil because it obviously doesn't matter how we live as God will use us anyway, according to some here. (Though 2 Timothy 2:21 indicates otherwise...)

• Members
Quite honestly....when i first heard those accusations against King James..I researched where they came from. Interesting to study the man that was making the accusations against King James. He wrote lies and had them published AFTER his own death so he wouldn't have to answer for them. Interesting study indeed.

To be fair, I don't think I would have published such claims during the reign of a monarch either. King James could have had him executed.

Even during the time that King James I lived, there circulated a popular joke among the nobles in Latin which read thus: Rex fuit Elizabeth: nunc est regina Jacobus. Loosely translated, it means "We had King Elizabeth, now we have Queen James," or "King Elizabeth is dead, now Queen James reigns."

That doesn't of course, mean that this was accurate that James was gay, only that it was a rumor.