• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

From the other side of the Atlantic...

• Members
Thanks Michelle, and what a lovely name! :cool

I never really came in contact with Christianity till I was 25 (as a very smug scientist, from a very anti-religious family :roll ), when I did my curiosity was aroused and through His word and over time God showed me it wasn?t just a religion but the only truth.
I?m ashamed to say I was a most reluctant convert, but very grateful that He never gave up on me!

Michele

that reminds me of me. I had a friend praying for me for 7 years. I was first into new age would not date a guy who's sign conflicted with mine. then I took a science and pseudo science course and a logic modes of reasoning course and turned my back on New Age for the most part thinking it was all in a persons head , emotionalism and charlatans . I became very interested in science, reading Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, and other scientists books plus bought the Skeptics magazines. I am sure I drove my friend bonkers when she tried to talk to me about God. I told her that my boyfriend thought God was a terrorist because it was believe me or die. I had so many friends in Toronto who were New Age, Muslim, Hindu and various other beliefs it was not until I moved to Sudbury and knew no one that she really started to get though to me I still wanted to believe that if it was not science then it was nothing. So I like you am glad God never gave up on me.

Welcome. what part of Europe are you from? My dad was military and I was born in RCAF 3 wing , Zweibruken Germany. it closed down in 68 or so I think? one day I hope to see Scotland, Wales and Ireland where my ancestors are from.

I have been on many forum boards and this is the one I enjoy the most, some other places make me feel like putting my head though the walls they are so worldly and argue with those people who stick to Biblical truth. I had one friend told by the owner of the sight that she should stop posting scripture then maybe people would not get so mad at her. :(

• Members

Good story, thanks! It's amazing and encouraging how God draws the most unlikely people to Himself!
I'm from arizona, living in holland now. I haven't been to Scotland or Ireland, but I hear it's beautiful!

Michele