• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Rapture

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

• Members
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Thats speaks of the second coming. I believe in that. I'm talking about the "everyone dissappears" thing. And to add on to this topic. Is there ANY scriptural reference to the 7-yr tribulation?

• Administrators

Thats speaks of the second coming. I believe in that. I'm talking about the "everyone dissappears" thing. And to add on to this topic. Is there ANY scriptural reference to the 7-yr tribulation?
How could that be talking about the Second Coming if we are meeting Him in the air? The Bible clearly states that we are to meet Him in the clouds, so if that is your definition of the Second Coming, then He never came the first time.

May I ask what part of that Scripture is talking about the Lord coming to earth?

Rapture- Lord does not come to earth, we meet him.
Second Coming is the return of Christ to the earth.

• Members

Believers are supposed to wait for the Second Coming... [bible]1 Corinthians 1:7[/bible]

Believers are supposed to look for the Second Coming... [bible]Titus 2:13[/bible]

Believers are supposed to be ready for the Second Coming... [bible]Matthew 24: 42-51[/bible]

Believers are supposed to love the Second Coming... [bible]2 Timothy 4:8[/bible]

Believers are supposed to be busy until the Second Coming... [bible]Luke 19:13-18[/bible]

Believers are supposed to pray for the Second Coming... [bible]Revelation 22:20[/bible]

• Members
How could that be talking about the Second Coming if we are meeting Him in the air? The Bible clearly states that we are to meet Him in the clouds, so if that is your definition of the Second Coming, then He never came the first time.

May I ask what part of that Scripture is talking about the Lord coming to earth?

Rapture- Lord does not come to earth, we meet him.
Second Coming is the return of Christ to the earth.

I agree with BroMatt's position, rapture first, second coming later (after the tribulation period?).

• Administrators

I will respond once I am convinced that you are not confusing the Rapture with the Second Coming. 2 post back you confused the Second Coming with the rapture. We need to start at the beginning and then work from there.