• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hats for Hope

• Members

Hello from the Hot and Sunny South! I am new to this forum. I found out in Sept. 2005 that I had Breast cancer. Long story short - God has been using a skill I learned 28 years ago. When I went looking for hats (hair fell out due to chemo) I was shocked at how expensive they were and how uncomfortable they were to a bald head. I sat down with my crochet hook and worked out a hat pattern that will fit anybody. At about this same time I noticed a Bible tract at my church entitled "You are Beautiful" which includes the plan of salvation. I attach a tract to each hat and take them to my oncologist's office each month. Are there any ladies out there that are in need of hats or you know someone who is. I would be more than glad to send you the pattern and/or hats. I am praying that this will be a way to reach others for Christ and to be an encouragement to other Christians. Thanks and God Bless!

• Members

Welcome, we'll leave the Light on for you.

What a wonderful way to be a blessing to people!

My boss' daughter went through chemo treatments last year, and she lost all of her hair as well. It used to be straight, but now it has come back in curly. She has been cancer free for a little over 1 year now.

• Members

Welcome! My mom had inflammatory breast cancer and she would have loved one of those hats. She wore both hats and wig as her covering after her hair fell out. She could not go in public without them. May God bless you for what you are doing and I really like the tract idea too! especially when it have "you are so beautiful" because many ladies with cancer feel ugly.

If anyone want to do this, use the softest material you can find. Cancer patients are super sensitive to touch.

• Members

Welcome..... my MIL had cancer and had chemo, and as a result her hair fell out.... I remember her trying to find wigs and hats. She is with the angels now, but I thank you for the "hat" ministry that you have started, I hope that many women will find Jesus because of the hats.