• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Age difference

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm coming into this quite late, but I agree with most if not all the input given to you, Madeline. :smile If your boyfriend is sold out to the Lord and your pastor approves of your relationship, the age difference matters little if it even matters at all. My husband is 4 years older than I am, which isn't a big gap. I was actually hoping to find someone at least 4-5 years older than I am, and God provided one! :lol We'll celebrate 11 wonderful years this September.

• Members

I don't believe in luck, but then again, neither do you! :wink Well, I'll find out sooner or later. :tum

No, I don't believe in luck. I just thought I'd throw in the technical stuff since no one else had. It is something to think about tho.....whether you want to be a widow for the last 16 years of your life.......of course, you could also find another bloke to live out your days with.

(I hope you know I'm kidding. The important thing is of course that you both know and love the Lord and believe this to be His will.)

(And make sure he's loaded. :wink )

• Members

Actually, I get paid pretty well (got the connections :tum ), but don't make quite as much as he does. Quite frankly, if I had enough money to support us both, then it really wouldn't matter if he was wealthy or poor. :smile

• Members
How do you feel about it?

Age differences like that don't bother some people but it bothered me when I was in that situation. I dated a guy in college that had about that much age on me. Sometimes he tried to act like my dad because he was 9 or so years older. He was a very nice guy and loved the Lord. He just knew that we were supposed to get married. It was "God's will". I wasn't sure and as time went by I knew for sure we weren't supposed to get married. One of us was wrong; guess who lost. :frog

Anyhoo, sorry for the personal story. The age difference bothered me but apparantly it doesn't bother my SIL who married someone 30 years older than herself. :uuhm:

YOWZA!!!!!!!!!! :eek

That 's a whole generation-plus. When she turns 45 (which is still young and full of life) he'll be 75 (complete with aches and pains), and when she is 50 (still young and rarin' to go) he'll be 80! :uuhm:

• Members
Actually' date=' I get paid pretty well (got the connections :tum )....

This is very interesting in an enlightening sort of way. :ears: :ears:

Madeline,

What is going to happen to you when the "connections" aren't there any more??? Just remember the entire world and all of us in it are in a state of constant flux (i.e. flowing movement). The entire universe is moving and changing. You've got prosperous times now, but how about five to ten years down the road???

• Members

This is very interesting in an enlightening sort of way. :ears: :ears:

Madeline,

What is going to happen to you when the "connections" aren't there any more??? Just remember the entire world and all of us in it are in a state of constant flux (i.e. flowing movement). The entire universe is moving and changing. You've got prosperous times now, but how about five to ten years down the road???

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:25-33 :smile :smile :smile :smile :smile :smile :smile

Love,
Madeline

• Members

My husband is 5 1/2 years older...I know that's not as much as 9, but *shrugs*... I always wanted a guy at least that much older, always felt that the ones my own age were more immature and I wanted a more established, responsible guy. Not to say the ones my age were not, but I just felt better having an older guy. God must have agreed LOL.

• Members
My husband is 5 1/2 years older...I know that's not as much as 9' date=' but *shrugs*... I always wanted a guy at least that much older, always felt that the ones my own age were more immature and I wanted a more established, responsible guy. [b']Not to say the ones my age were not, but I just felt better having an older guy. God must have agreed LOL.

Were you thinking about me? I preferred one just my age :frog (1 day younger to be exact) :frog

My best friend married a man 6 yrs older than her and my sister married a man 8yrs older than her. Both have worked out fine that I know of. If God is in it, who can stand against it!

• Members

Were you thinking about me? I preferred one just my age :frog (1 day younger to be exact) :frog

My best friend married a man 6 yrs older than her and my sister married a man 8yrs older than her. Both have worked out fine that I know of. If God is in it, who can stand against it!

I always knew that Bro Matt was into "older" women! hahaha :frog