• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please pray for me

• Members

Hi,

I am new to your site and would like to ask that you please pray for me. I'm going to the dentist soon and think I have my two top wisdom teeth stuck back there in my mouth and they've moved some of my back teeth out of alignment[not sure], just noticed it recently. I'm not in any pain but it's scary, huge dental phobic here and am scared out of wits to go to the dentist Thursday and find out what's wrong. I can't imagine having them cut out which they would probably suggest doing. This is evry frightening for me and I really need the prayer and some encouragement.

Please pray for me, that my mind will be comforted and that God intervene in my situation. He can fix and help anything, I've seen it time and time again. I would appreciate it so much if you all could pray with me.

Thank you!!!!

• Members

Okay..... you are now talking to the BIGGEST dental phobic here. I usually have to take a pill to calm me down before I go, however, I am getting better. I have an appt. with the oral surgeon on July 24th. I have a tooth that broke off in the back, and it has to come out. I did go to my regular dentist, and he did try to remove it, but he could not get me numb enough to get it out. I now get to go visit my oral surgeon. He took my wisdom teeth out. Mine were impacted also. I remember going, and when we got to his offfice, I broke out into tears.... I was scared to death. They were extremely nice, took me back and gave me laughing gas to calm me down. Then he came in and started the little IV in my arm, all I felt was a tiny pinch when he put it in, and the next thing that I know, I am waking up and he was finished. He had all 4 wisdom teeth out in 30 minutes. I was numb for hours, ans only had to take 1 pain pill.... so I know what to expect this time..... it should be a piece of cake this time! I would make sure that you go to an oral surgeon, to have them taken out..... have them sedate you with a general anasthesia (sp?) Try to be calm.... I know that it is hard when you are so terrified..... believe me I know.... I am really trying to do better with going to the dentist, and having work done on my teeth..... I finally found a dentist who I really like. I wish you luck, you will do just fine... look at it this way at least you can have it taken care of and it will be over and done with. I will be thinking of ya!!! :smile

• Members

HEY.... I just noticed that you are in South Carolina...... if you are any where near Spartanburg go see Dr.Cox.

I live in NC about but I drive about 45 minutes to Spartanburg to see him.

Just thought that I would mention him!!! He is great.....top notch!

• Members

Hey just wanted to let y'all know, I got a good report and it turns out nothing was apparently wrong with me...hallelujah!! maybe there was and he took care of it... thanks so much for praying for me! Isn't he just so wonderful!