• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

mp3 Players

• Members

This has probably been discussed before, but couldn't find anything in the search mode. Anyhoooooo........

I impulsively purchased a 1gig mp3 player the other day, thinking I could transfer some of the songs I have on my computer to it. Well, it sorta transferred them, but when I go to try and play them it says "not authorized". The songs were purchased and downloaded legally, so why oh why can't I play them???

One nice thing I did find is a site where I can download the KJV in mp3 and listen to it!

• Members

Where did you download them from? One option is to convert them to a different format. There are plenty of open source programs that will convert mp3, mp4, mpeg, wAV etc. files to different formats. Doing so would remove any kind of security protection from them and allow you to use them as you please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Are you sure they are MP3s and not WMA or some other format not supported? Normal MP3's should work.

If your player is equipped with a SD card, make sure the lock notch on the SD card is moved to the top. If it's down, it is read-only.

• Members

We got free phone for renewing our cell phone contracts. I got a SamSung SYNC and my wife got a RAZR. Both phones have better cameras than our current digital camera, which is about 7 years old. We knew we'd be needing a new camera eventually so decided to invest in one of those memory cards for the phones, and use it for the camera, since it didn't have enough memory to hold all the pictures we knew we'd be taking. We paid $30 for a 1gig card. I then discovered that I can put mp3's on my phone and play them. I just transfered a whole gospel CD I'd gotten several years ago, but never had the chance toplisten to as much as I liked. I'm now transferring some Spanish learning mp3's form a set of CDs I bought used for $20 online. I'm able to transfer them via bluetooth, which is really amazing.

I don't have a headset for the phone, but if I set it near me I can hear the songs okay. That'll be nice for when I'm working. $30 for a mp3 player and a new digital camera sounds like a good deal to me. What's nice is that if my wife's camera gets full, we can pair them with the bluetooth and move the pictures to my phone, which has the 1gig card. We don't even need to be near a computer to do that.