• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure!
    • Depends

• Members
I don't see amywhere in the Bible where a woman can't lead a nation. Remember Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria? The Bible says they can't run a church. The problem with the woman in politics in America is that most of them are raving, rabid, feminists. Now if someone like Goldie Meir ( former Israeli Prime Minister) came along I would vote her in anyday before another George Bush. I wouldn't vote in Condi because she is pro Palestinian. She is the one that pressured Israel to give up Gaza.

Wil

Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria are merely monarch figure heads - they do not lead their country - Parliament does that. The only female leader they ever had was Margaret Thatcher, and I was not impressed.

Feminists believe that women should rule the world - and that for centuries women have been the real "power" behind the throne.

I remember NOT voting for Walter Mondale because he picked Fitzgerald to be his running mate. I will not vote for any female politicians because more often than not they are out to make an even greater negative impact on society than their male counterparts.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One could argue that women might be capable of many things. However, does that mean it's the right thing for them to do or the best place for them to be?

Think about:

women in infantry combat

women police in gang territory

women guards in male prisons

women boxers

women playing football

etc.....

• Administrators

I truly would hate to see a woman in the presidential office (unless it were me... :lol::lol: j/k). I have, however, voted for a woman for senator here in Indiana. She is a Christian (no longer in office) and was a great help to some issues regarding freedoms here in the state. She was a Democrat. We voted for her because she was a Christian and her Republican opponent, while a man, was ungodly and would have undermined freedoms that we hold dear.

I do believe we will end up with a woman president simply because I believe it will be a judgment from God. This nation has become one that is run by women and children and I think the ultimate punishment will be having a woman in the presidential chair - just look at all the problems stemming from Pelosi being in the third most powerful seat in the county...and being the "most powerful woman in the world." Yuck!!!

BTW - Queen Elisabeth was not just a figurehead in the monarchy. She ruled England - parliament was in session, but she was much more than just a figure!!

• Members
I do believe we will end up with a woman president simply because I believe it will be a judgment from God. This nation has become one that is run by women and children and I think the ultimate punishment will be having a woman in the presidential chair - just look at all the problems stemming from Pelosi being in the third most powerful seat in the county...and being the "most powerful woman in the world." Yuck!!!

:amen:

Guest Guest

Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria are merely monarch figure heads - they do not lead their country - Parliament does that. The only female leader they ever had was Margaret Thatcher, and I was not impressed.

Feminists believe that women should rule the world - and that for centuries women have been the real "power" behind the throne.

I remember NOT voting for Walter Mondale because he picked Fitzgerald to be his running mate. I will not vote for any female politicians because more often than not they are out to make an even greater negative impact on society than their male counterparts.

They were more then figureheads. Though ,true, that the parliament had much of the power so it is with Congress and the Supreme Court in relation to the President. The bottom line is you can't produce any scripture that says a woman can't be President. Now is it the ideal? No. It would be best if it was a Christian man but you aren't going to get that. Actually, you can't even find any scripture to support a Republic or Democracy. God has only two forms of goverment in the scripture. Theocracy and Monarchy.

Wil

• Members

Wow, after reading this thread one can certainly sort the liberals from the conservatives! It appears radical feminism has permeated every part of our society even here at OB.

So tell me how does one reconcile the notion of a woman in a leadership role with scriptures? How can a woman be submissive to her husband when she is a congressman, a senator, or a other position of power.

The only time I ever was in agreement with a woman who assumed a political seat was some few years ago in Missouri. There were two candidates - one clearly more qualified than the other. However during the elections the better candidate was killed in a terrible plane crash. However the people voted for him anyways! His widow agreed to take his seat in Washington. That was how Ashcroft went down in history as the only politician ever who lost his incumbent position to a dead man! No one was more shocked than I was to see that guy may the head of homeland security!

• Members

How can a woman be submissive to her husband when she is a congressman,

I guess its all how the husband sees submissivness. I don't know if this is the case, but maybe in some situations, the husband has encouraged the wife to run.