• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure!
    • Depends

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

HA HA! You people are sooooo funny. I NEVER said I'd vote for Hillary, I just said I would vote for a women if she were the best choice. :bonk: I will say though that if you decide not to vote at all then Don't complain about who does get in. If we as christians don't vote, then Hillary just might get in.

• Members
I am just saying that if you already have men stepping up, then why vote for a woman...in biblical sense.

Political, well, you vote whoever you think is best.

I know but the question was if we ever, under any hypothetical circumstance, would vote for a woman, and that's what I based my answer on.

• Administrators

I had to vote yes - even though it would depend on certain things. As has been said, if those like Kerry, Edwards, Obama were the nominee in one party, and Condi or someone like here were the nominee in another, I would vote for the woman. Why? Because of the two, the woman would be the lesser of two evils. Is Condi conservative? No, she is more what is called neo-conservative - still a better alternative to the ultra-left that is running. Would I like to have to vote for her? No! I would prefer a man who is pro-American.

There is nothing unscriptural about voting for a woman. God did use women in leadership. Deborah is a prime example - she was a judge chosen by God. Many say that it was because there were no men willing, but the Bible doesn't say that! The Bible tells us that since Barak wasn't willing to go to battle without Deborah, a woman would receive the glory. And Jael (with her nail! :Green ) did.

I do believe that a man is a better candidate, but this country is in such a mess, I believe we will have a woman president one of these days. I would hope that it would be a woman who at least loves America more than herself.

By the way, Condi claims to be a Christian...and she certainly acts more like one than Hillary!

• Members
I had to vote yes - even though it would depend on certain things. As has been said, if those like Kerry, Edwards, Obama were the nominee in one party, and Condi or someone like here were the nominee in another, I would vote for the woman. Why? Because of the two, the woman would be the lesser of two evils. Is Condi conservative? No, she is more what is called neo-conservative - still a better alternative to the ultra-left that is running. Would I like to have to vote for her? No! I would prefer a man who is pro-American.

There is nothing unscriptural about voting for a woman. God did use women in leadership. Deborah is a prime example - she was a judge chosen by God. Many say that it was because there were no men willing, but the Bible doesn't say that! The Bible tells us that since Barak wasn't willing to go to battle without Deborah, a woman would receive the glory. And Jael (with her nail! :Green ) did.

I do believe that a man is a better candidate, but this country is in such a mess, I believe we will have a woman president one of these days. I would hope that it would be a woman who at least loves America more than herself.

By the way, Condi claims to be a Christian...and she certainly acts more like one than Hillary!

Well said! I, too, prefer that a man be in leadership. But the moral decay that came under Bill Clinton's reign was fast and furious. I would take a conservative/moral woman over that debauchery anytime.

• Members

Trish,

Yes, Deborah was a prophetess who judged Israel, but, she did not lead the army of Barak. The woman she refers to regarding Sisera is Jael - who killed Sisera in his sleep. (Judges 4)

Esther replaced Vashti as queen on the orders of the Persian King Ahasuerus, She "helped" lead a heathen nation that did not worship God. She herself did little actual leading anyway. (Ester)

Jezebel (Old Testament) was a Phoenician princess, the daughter of King Ithobaal I of Tyre, who married King Ahab. She turned Ahab away from God and towards the worship of Baal. The two then allowed temples of Baal to open in Israel. Jezebel used her control over Ahab to subject Israel to tyranny. After she slaughtered many prophets of the Lord, the prophet Elijah confronted her to charge her with abominations. She responded by threatening to kill him as well. (1 Kings)

In the New Testament, Jezebel calls herself prophetess in the city of Thyatira. She is accused in of inducing members of the church there to commit acts of sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols. (Revelation 2:20)

I am not sure how you equate these examples of "leadership" as being good for Christians - regardless of sex (or gender).

• Administrators
I am not sure how you equate these examples of "leadership" as being good for Christians - regardless of sex (or gender).

Where was it stated that they were "good Christians"? Where was that comparison made?

• Members

sarcrew, did you also write this article on Wikipedia? Because I noticed some striking similarities. If you did, then keep up the good work.

She turned Ahab away from God and towards the worship of Baal. The two then allowed temples of Baal to open in Israel. Jezebel used her control over Ahab to subject Israel to tyranny. After she slaughtered many prophets of the Lord, the prophet Elijah confronted her to charge her with abominations. She responded by threatening to kill him as well. (1 Kings)

In the New Testament, Jezebel calls herself prophetess in the city of Thyatira. She is accused in of inducing members of the church there to commit acts of sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols. (Revelation 2:20)

She turns Ahab away from the God of the Israelites and (Judahites) of the Jews, and towards the worship of her god, Baal. The two then allow temples of Baal to open in Israel. Jezebel uses her control over Ahab to subject Israel to tyranny. After she slaughters the prophets of the Lord, the prophet Elijah confronts her to charge her with abominations. She responds by threatening to kill him as well.

In the New Testament, Jezebel calls herself prophetess in the city of Thyatira. She is accused in Revelation 2:20 of inducing members of the church there to commit acts of sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

We aren't talking about church here, we are talking about America.

When the judges ruled they were under a theocracy anyhow. God chose Deborah for His purposes. In the NT women are not to be over men in church but it never says its sinful to have a woman leader. Paul taught they were to obey all government, including terrible Nero...I don't see how that would change in our day.

Again, we aren't voting in a pastor, we're voting in a President...and I doubt anyone on this board will be voting for a woman in 2008.