• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure!
    • Depends

Guest Guest

I have to agree with both of you here.

Ultimately, I believe God allows a nation to have the leader they deserve. It's by God's grace that we had Bush in office during the 9/11 attacks. With all the wickedness in America, we deserve someone like Obama or *shudder* Clinton.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Thank goodness we don't always get what we deserve' date=' and it is because of God's grace that we don't get what we deserve.[/quote']

:amen:

I believe the only reason America hasn't fully received what she deserves is because of the relatively high number of Christians yet in America.

If things continue as they are, eventually God will allow America to have what she deserves. I thank God He always has a remnant and that one way or another he will protect and preserve His people...and I eagerly look forward to the Rapture!

• Members

Wow, you have mentioned something I thought about starting a topic on.

I've got to get to bed very shortly, I want dive deep into it.

Once a pastor said that he believed the only thing that kept Christ from coming right now is because of the high number of Christians in America.

As 1st I thought on it, it sounded good, but the more I think about it, the more I think he was wrong.

I just feel that time has not yet come, but that it is drawing near us at a high rate of speed.

• Members
Wow, you have mentioned something I thought about starting a topic on.

I've got to get to bed very shortly, I want dive deep into it.

Once a pastor said that he believed the only thing that kept Christ from coming right now is because of the high number of Christians in America.

As 1st I thought on it, it sounded good, but the more I think about it, the more I think he was wrong.

I just feel that time has not yet come, but that it is drawing near us at a high rate of speed.

I agree Jerry, I don't believe the Lord's return will be delayed or hurried based upon the number of Christians in America.

In fact, I believe there will be a lot of Christians yet on earth when Christ returns and they won't all be in America. However, if America still has a high percentage (compared to other countries) of Christians when Christ returns, their sudden vanishing will certainly have a large impact upon America and along with those missing from around the world this could bring about a massive panic, stock market crash, chaos of various sorts, etc. This would all fit perfectly for the anti-christ who could step on the scene and offer answers and solutions and seemingly restore order, prosperity and peace.

So, while I do believe the Lord may temper His punishment of America for the sake of His people, I certainly don't believe the number of His people in America is directly related to the timing of Christ's coming.

• Members
I believe the only reason America hasn't fully received what she deserves is because of the relatively high number of Christians yet in America.

Hmmm...interesting. I've always thought it was simply the merciful nature of our great God. :smile

• Members

Hmmm...interesting. I've always thought it was simply the merciful nature of our great God. :smile

Yes, and I believe it's His mercy which is holding back His full punishment of America for the sake of His people in her midst. Similar, in a way, as to how God held back His ultimate punishment of Soddom for the sake of the few righteous.

Ultimately, you are right of course, that it's God's great mercy which holds back His full hand of punishment.