• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you vote for a presidential candidate who was a woman?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure!
    • Depends

• Administrators

I used Deborah in my post as well, because Deborah was chosen by God to be the judge of Israel...and that was a position of authority. Again, the Bible does not say, nor does it indicate, that Deborah was chosen because there was no man willing. That could have been the case, but when people teach that as fact, they are adding to scripture - or at least extrapolating an opinion based on Barak's unwillingness to go to war alone. No, she didn't lead the army, Barak did, as you said. But he refused to go unless she went with him. Thus, God's judgment on that was that the woman Jael got the glory for the victory.

Esther was used by God to save her nation. Yes, she was in submission to the king, but she also took things into her own hands when she went into his presence without his permission. She could have died. But again, she was used by God.

Jezebel was a curse on the nation of Israel - and God allowed it because of the wickedness of their (corporate) hearts. If Hillary is elected president, we will have a modern day Jezebel in the highest office in the land - if that happens, it will be because God allows it because of the wickedness of the (corporate) land.

I do believe that Hillary will get the Democrat nomination - simply because she wants it so badly, and the Clintons have proven they will do ANYTHING to get what they want. I also believe that none of the Republican candidates that are trying right now will stand a chance against her. Ron Paul is running, but we all know that the media will not allow him any exposure.

I have said for a long time that I think the only one that can beat Hillary is Condi. Why? Because with Condi running, it removes the "elect the first woman president" mantra from Hillary, and adds "elect the first African-American president" to Condi. Not reasons to vote for either, but we know people will vote based simply on that.

As I said before, I DO NOT want to see a woman president in this country - ever!!!! But it is coming...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a question, then.

For those who say they would not vote for a woman president, did you ever vote for a woman congressman or senator?

I have seen some women who were far better than the men in those positions here in Oregon. Of course, we aren't known for our conservative ways, but we have managed to elect some very good conservative women. It was far better to have them than the men.

• Members

Boy oh Boy, I step away from the boards for a while and come back to a major, blown out of proprtion attack. :attention: Thanks to Kita and Happy Christian I think we have made our point. :ears: lets use our ears (well eyes) and answer the original question. As was stated, we are choosing a president not a preacher.

• Members

I have seen some women who were far better than the men in those positions here in Oregon. Of course, we aren't known for our conservative ways, but we have managed to elect some very good conservative women. It was far better to have them than the men.

Same here in Connecticut

• Members

For some people, electing Hilary so that she would be the "first woman president" will be enough to make them vote for her. But those people are very few and would only be the case amongst hard core feminists. Most people just don't like her. Not to mention, she's not great looking which could cost her the male vote in the superficial society in which we live. I think John Edwards probably has the best chance of getting past the primaries because he's white, young, and seems more all-American right down to the name. I still think it's going to end up being a race between Edwards and Romney but we'll see. Obama and Hilary simply have shock value right now and that's about it.
Sorry for being slightly off topic. :frog

• Members

No one will ever be forced to vote for a woman. There will likely always be a man running from one party or another. There is also the option not to vote. If we are ever presented with no one to vote for other than someone like two or three Hillarys or Gores, the best option could be no vote at all.

• Members

Hmm - I hope this works this time --

BroMatt,

Please reread my post. I said "good for Christians", not "good Christians". Since the majority of the examples cited are from the OT there would have been no Christians.

Madeline,

No. I just thought their paraphrasing was the quickest way to offer a more timely response for that particular subject. My best memeories of learning about Jezebel recalled only that she was very decietful and not a good role model for anything.

Guest Guest

I don't see amywhere in the Bible where a woman can't lead a nation. Remember Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria? The Bible says they can't run a church. The problem with the woman in politics in America is that most of them are raving, rabid, feminists. Now if someone like Goldie Meir ( former Israeli Prime Minister) came along I would vote her in anyday before another George Bush. I wouldn't vote in Condi because she is pro Palestinian. She is the one that pressured Israel to give up Gaza.

Wil