• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I babysit 4 wonderful kids. 3 are girls and 1 is a boy the baby of the family.
The boy doesn't know how to talk and he is 3 yrs old.He push girls and his mom does nothing about it. She says she spanks him but i know she doesn't . He is getting out of control. he does n't listen to anyone but his mom. what can i do when i sit for them. :puzzled: Oh did i forget they are my sibleyings oh and he throws fits over everything. lIke when his mom will not let him in her bedroom when she is changing. He is a mama boy.

• Members

As hard as it might be, try to always deal with any child in the manner the Lord directs us. If they are in need of discipline, give it to them appropriately.

Children learn very quickly who they must mind and who they can get away with anything with. My sister's youngest girl is allowed to do almost as she wishes. She minds not her Mom or her Dad. However, if her oldest sister tells her something, she listens! Why? Because the oldest sister MAKES her mind if she doesn't mind like she should.

• Members

Does he have Autism or have a hearing loss? It pretty unusually for a 3 years old child not talk. I pray it all work out for her and you.

BTW, I was able to understand my mother when I was a child with hearing loss. I could read her lips better than anyone because I was used to her.

• Members

Angels, my son didn't talk until around 3 or maybe later. I always said it was because he didn't have to with 3 big sisters doing it for him. But he struggles with hearing. His speech now is still delayed and hard to understand. We are working with him on it.

His behavior isn't bad, but he gets into a lot of trouble because I always forget that he can't hear me.

His doesn't seem to be anything more than allergy related, but still it's there.

• Members

If one child has hearing loss and the boy acts that bad, it sounds like there is probably a hearing problem. And kids who can't hear will often get angry or rebellious as well, especially if they can't understand what's going on around them.

• Members

i was over there today and was watching my mom and notice when ever he throws a fit she pays attendtion to him and when my step dad says no she gives it to him.so i was thinking what is she teaching him. that whatever dad says doesn't matter. that maded me a little mad. My step dad is the head of the house and mmy mother doesn't get it. :pray

• Members

I know this may sound strange but as far as possible hearing loss a test is the only sure way. Hearing loss is not just about volume but frequency range. I have high end frequency loss due to military activity. I can understand most men just fine but have trouble with clarity with a lot of women. No really - I am serious!

Wayne

• Administrators
i was over there today and was watching my mom and notice when ever he throws a fit she pays attendtion to him and when my step dad says no she gives it to him.so i was thinking what is she teaching him. that whatever dad says doesn't matter. that maded me a little mad. My step dad is the head of the house and mmy mother doesn't get it. :pray

I think right here answers a lot of your questions, angel!!! He could also have some hearing loss, which would compound the situation, but if he is being rewarded for throwing a fit and if one parent is going against another's authority, the boy is in confusion...and that breeds anger and rebellion!!!!1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It will be hard to convince her mother. When he get to school, they will be more likely to convince her to have his hearing test.

Meanwhile, you can do what my Aunt used to do with my older sister. my aunt kept talking to her and talking to her (close up of course) and no one knew my sister couldn't hear very well. My older sister was talking too .. it was until kindergarten they found out she was deaf.

My sister does very well with her speech and writing today. So that's the best you can do for this little boy.