• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you own a television?

Do you own a television?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a television?

• Yes, and we watch regularly (approved programs)
    • Yes, but we don't watch often
    • Yes, but we only watch occassional videos
    • No

Guest Guest

Are you a Christian? I was just wondering why you would watch such filth as the Military Channel, History Channel (mostly war also), and Football?

No tv in our home. It's nothing but garbage. Besides, it costs too much money. For the tv, and the service. It'd be better to use that money to serve the Lord....

Hmmmm.... No I'm a Christian because I was dunked under some water like you were.
Oh brother. :loco

Wil

• Administrators

We don't have a tv and never had since we got married. When my husband lived at home with his parents, he got tired of the tv - his dad would be in the front room watching, his mom would be in the kitchen watching, and his youngest brother in his bedroom watching. No time together to speak of. That really turned him off. God burdened him about it, and he promised God he would never have one in his home. Does that mean we never watch anything? No! We will go to the library where I work, and set up the projectore and screen and watch dvd's that are rated decently, or Christian movies.

Also, when we are visiting family, if their tv is on, we will watch some - most of the time, my hubby's mom will shut it off so we can talk. At my parents' house, it's on the whole time my grandma is up because she can't do anything but watch tv, read a litte, and sleep in her chair.

We don't look our noses down on anyone that has one, because we know that has to be a decision between God and each person. We are thankful, though, that we didn't have one as our son was growing up - shows have progressively gotten worse over the years (I know everyone knows that!!). I know there is an on-off button - we've heard it all from family. But my husband made a promise and we will stick to it. We do have dvd capability on our computer, but we only watch instructional dvd's like sign language.

And we don't have internet at home right now because we didn't want it while our son was growing up. We will most likely get it one of these days. Then, I will use it to check the news and the forum.

• Members

We don't look our noses down on anyone that has one, because we know that has to be a decision between God and each person. We are thankful, though, that we didn't have one as our son was growing up - shows have progressively gotten worse over the years (I know everyone knows that!!). I know there is an on-off button - we've heard it all from family. But my husband made a promise and we will stick to it. We do have dvd capability on our computer, but we only watch instructional dvd's like sign language.

We have salespeople come by the door to sell us cable or satellite. I tell them, "We don't watch tv." They always just look at me funny. It's true, though. We had the antenna that came with the house, but when my husband would try to power wash the moss off the roof, it only got in the way. He took it down. We didn't use it anyway.

• Administrators

:lol: I had to laugh at this:

We have salespeople come by the door to sell us cable or satellite. I tell them, "We don't watch tv." They always just look at me funny.
We have had cable companies come and try to sell us, too. I always tell them we don't have a tv - and they always look at me funny, ask me to repeat that, and write it down, saying something like, "I've never met anyone who actually didn't have one." :lol:

• Members

OK the truth, I hate the truth but here it is, I OWN ZERO, none, no TV's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I had one I shot it to pieces.
My wife has 5, she only watch 2 at a time, I will not discuss some of the things I hear coming out of the things.
queers. etc,,,,,,hollyweird,,

So I have a garage, a work shop, shed for bikes, I sharpen knives a lot,,,,,,,,and come here and bug yall.

• Members

Are you a Christian? I was just wondering why you would watch such filth as the Military Channel, History Channel (mostly war also), and Football?

No tv in our home. It's nothing but garbage. Besides, it costs too much money. For the tv, and the service. It'd be better to use that money to serve the Lord....

Matthew 7:3-5
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

• Members

:amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen: :amen:

Guest Guest

What makes you pious folks think that I'm spending any money on my dish? It's free where I live. I don't pay a dime. What makes you think I don't give to the Lord's work? How bout you anti-TV folks, how much do you spend for the filthy internet you have? So save the holier than thou stuff for the black Jesus guy.

Wil

• Members
What makes you pious folks think that I'm spending any money on my dish? It's free where I live. I don't pay a dime. What makes you think I don't give to the Lord's work? How bout you anti-TV folks, how much do you spend for the filthy internet you have? So save the holier than thou stuff for the black Jesus guy.

Wil

I can't read your posts on TV.
I can't communicate with you over TV.
I am sorry if I have offended you, I come from a messed up life, everyone around me is a TV addict, thus I grew to hate them, please forgive me if I have upset you.
But I do HATE TVs.