• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Legalizing drugs, would it be bad or good?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Alright, I'm making it worse. I accidently copied post #21.

I'm going to stop because it's clear that post #22 contains no reference to Matt and that's all I can do.

What a petty and small person that even after I admitted I was wrong and even after I tried to do the right thing, he's still hammering me about it and trying to goad me into a fight.

I saw that too so I wasn't going to mention anything until you asked.

But BroMatt really wanted you to answer his PM but you didn't. you two could have straighten the issue over PM and he could edited your post for you.

• Members

I saw that too so I wasn't going to mention anything until you asked.

But BroMatt really wanted you to answer his PM but you didn't. you two could have straighten the issue over PM and he could edited your post for you.

Matt doesn't want to straighten anything out. If he did, then he wouldn't have continued to try to goad me into a fight, even after I admitted I was wrong and then tried to do the right thing by attempting (albeit a failed attempt) to edit my post.

• Members

I didn't bother reading all the posts because the common sense answer is OBviously NO. WOW!!! Our church has been bending over backwards to make sure that marijuana does NOT get legalized, and now we have "christian" advocates wanting to legalize drugs? when does this end?

Isaiah 5:20 - Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Love,
Madeline

• Members

I didn't bother reading all the posts because the common sense answer is OBviously NO. WOW!!! Our church has been bending over backwards to make sure that marijuana does NOT get legalized, and now we have "christian" advocates wanting to legalize drugs? when does this end?

I like the way you put "Christian" in quotation marks, as if to question the Christianity of those who disagree with you.

You must feel very much at home here.

Isaiah 5:20 - Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Actually, we're not doing that at all. I, for one, was very clear that intoxicating drug use is wrong.

• Members

The prOBlem is, you don't know you will be that next man. All it take is one drink. Then another, then another. It's more of a gamble.

The human never knows, that next alcoholic beverage they drink may be the one that addicts them to alcohol.

The human never knows, that next bet they place may well be the one that addicts them to gambling.

One thing for sure, if they never had the 1st one, they would have never been addicted to either.

The prOBlem is, some think they can never be addicted to anything, but the addict does not realize until its to late.

One of my past friends is addicted to beer, he says he isn't, he claims he never been addicted to any thing, yet he cannot go one whole day without a beer. When and if he runs out, he does nothing until he has more beer.

Through his life he has had 3, or maybe 4 homes foreclosed on and taken from him, simply because he does not make the payments while had never misses a beer. Back in the early 80's he was in a truck wreck, collected a big chunk of money, it bought him much beer at a time when it could have paid off all of his debts and still had money left over to buy a real nice house with it completely paid for.

Now he and wife lives with and mooches off his oldest brother who is disabled.

Yet I guarantee you he would say that been never had a negative effect upon him nor his family.

I had another friend that I got to know after he was a recovered alcoholic, he told me, "I had to hit the very bottom, lose everything I had including my family before I understood alcohol was my enemy, not my friend. In fact I thought I was man enough to handle anything, but alcohol handled me.

Yes, they all thought the could handle it, that they would never be addicted, but for many, it handled them while saying I can't be addicted.

I've seen many whose fall came from drinking alcoholic beverage.

• Members

well, My mom had cancer, and Marijuana pill (which is legal) did help with the pain as morphine did. Except morphine also can kill. I know this is just a show, but when I watch Dr. House last week, it mentioned how dr. allow cancer patients take morphine all they want as a form of assisted suicide. Don't know how much truth in it, but I do know that most people get their idea for a story or tv from real life.

• Members

I never advocated for the use of it, either, merely for the legalization of it. Which, perhaps a better way to say it is to de-illegalize it(yes, I know that's not a word). I simply believe in freedom to choose right or wrong. Christians can't legalize Christianity into government and, therefore, into the lives of those who are not Christians or who don't have the same convictions. That's why we now have atheists trying to put laws into place that support their beliefs and attack ours. If someone wants to point fingers, let's point it at ourselves because Christians have historically been the biggest advocates of big government. We just don't like it when people with other views get into office. We're just as wrong, folks. Let's leave the government to do what it was initially designed to do - safe-guard freedoms, not legislate morality.

• Members

I never advocated for the use of it, either, merely for the legalization of it. Which, perhaps a better way to say it is to de-illegalize it(yes, I know that's not a word). I simply believe in freedom to choose right or wrong. Christians can't legalize Christianity into government and, therefore, into the lives of those who are not Christians or who don't have the same convictions. That's why we now have atheists trying to put laws into place that support their beliefs and attack ours. If someone wants to point fingers, let's point it at ourselves because Christians have historically been the biggest advocates of big government. We just don't like it when people with other views get into office. We're just as wrong, folks. Let's leave the government to do what it was initially designed to do - safe-guard freedoms, not legislate morality.

actually, it is the quite the opposite. It was the atheist democrats who wanted smoking to be banned from restaurants and such. I don't know why they blaming us.

• Members

The atheists ARE also passing laws to enforce their immorality, such as laws promoting abortion, legalizing of drugs, homosexual rights, etc.

Exactly, we were safe as long as there were plenty of Christians and "moralists" in government but as God gets pushed out of society, we now see people legislating in the same way that we never should have but for evil causes. Both sides should keep that stuff out of government, (abortion is different, however, because it involves life and death) but we've been the biggest offenders over the years. We set the precedent.