• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How often do you take showers?

How often do you take showers?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you take showers?

• Once a day
    • 2 to 3 times a day
    • 3-5 times a day
    • Once a week
    • Semi-weekly
    • Once a month
    • Depends
    • I smell!

• Members
I tell people that I take monthly showers but the truth is that I usually take one a day. I usually take mine before I go to bed because I like to go to bed clean and I'm not a morning person. :lol

I'm not a morning person neither. never have been and probably never will be.

I answered once a day, of course sometimes 2 or 3.

But, what about the # 2 wash tub back in the old days. Back them we had a bath once per week, whether we needed it or not, always on Saturday.

Sponge baths during the week. When I was young, I hated the way mother would scrub my ears, but they sure were clean when she got thru. And yes, when I started doing my own mother sent me back to do more scrubbing many times.

Oh, in the summer the baths were in the back yard, in the winter they were in the kitchen floor. Heated the water in the old cast iron wash pot if the sun was not hot enough to have it warm for us.

I remember when we got out indoor bath room, running water, a hot water heater and a bath tub, I thought we were stepping in high cotton.

Those were the good old days.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I voted for once a day - the morning, to wake up. Sometimes, especially during the summer, I'll take two most days, but not in the other seasons.

I really wanted to voted "once a month" just to do it.

• Members

Work. Its a dirty four letter word. I try to avoid it myself, along with mornings. :wink

OOOOHHHH! I agree, I try to avoid both myself. One year in college all of us in our room didn't even speak to each other till after we got back from class during the day.

• Members

I voted once a day, but in truth if I haven't exercised that day I'll wait until the next. I wash my hair 2-3 x a week (my hair is just a smidge above shoulder length and very thick which is why I don't wear it longer than that -- we couldn't afford the water bills). It never does what I want it to the day I wash it, so if I don't want every day to be a "bad hair" day I'd better let it go a day between washings. :lol:

• Members

Now just a minute, Baptist are not scared of work. They will set around all day long and watch the other fellow work and it want bother them the least bit. But they will go home and complain that all that work tired them out.

I wash my hair ever time I take a shower. Seems the more gray I get, the more unruly it becomes, but I don't have to fear, its nearly solid gray now.

I've got kind hair, the kind that ought to be on a dog's back. Its very wavy too, each hair stands up and waves at the other one.

• Members

I'm not a night owl either. lol I have to have between 8 and 9 hours of sleep. It is very difficult for me to function on less. In fact, if I set my alarm at a point where I won't get my full night's sleep, I will actually turn the alarm off in my sleep and continue sleeping. :frog

• Members
I voted everyday... usually at night. I am definitly NOT a morning person' date=' but I am a night owl :bonk:[/quote']

Night owl, me too.

About 3 to 4 in the afternoon I start waking up and becoming alert. when most people head to bed, that is when I'm fully wound up.

My sister is like this. 2 of my half sisters who I did not get to meet until 1992 is like this as well.

The other half sister is an odd ball, she is a morning person.

My biological clock has always been way off, never been able to get to set like most other peoples are.

When i was in the Air Force I always feared when working day shift that I would be late and get in much trouble, but not once was I ever late. Maybe I had to much fear in e of what would happen if I was late.

• Members

I remember seeing an old cowboy movie many years back, the 2 fellows had rode together for years working cows all over the country side, one of them decides to get married.

His partner tried everything he could to talk him out of it. Told him, now if you get married, she will have you taking a bath once ever month, even in the winter, and she will even make you wash that spot on your back that you can't even reach too. :eek

No, he didn't talk him out of it, I suppose a bath once a month was not enough to scare him out of marrying. :lol:

• Members

I had my first bath in 14 years tonight! Haven't lived in a place that had a tub since '93. The tub drain in this house has been messed up for the 3 years we've lived here, but we have 2 bathrooms and a shower in the other one. Finally got all new plumbing yesterday and it's working great!

And I smell better now, too! :Green