• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bitten By A Tick

• Members

My youngest, Delia, was bitten by a tick yesterday. :badday: When I took her clothes off last night, I saw it attached to her shoulder. I have no idea how long it was there. It was small, round and black (as opposed to the common dog kind which are larger, oval and brownish).

She just turned three. Please pray that she doesn't get a disease from this but if she does that we will have grace to bear it. :pray

• Members
My youngest, Delia, was bitten by a tick yesterday. :badday: When I took her clothes off last night, I saw it attached to her shoulder. I have no idea how long it was there. It was small, round and black (as opposed to the common dog kind which are larger, oval and brownish).

She just turned three. Please pray that she doesn't get a disease from this but if she does that we will have grace to bear it. :pray

Praying fervently. :pray :pray :pray :pray

• Members

Thank you, everybody. I've always thought that being bitten by one of those "poppyseed" ticks automatically meant Lyme's disease and I've always heard how horrible Lyme's disease is. From what some of you all have told me and what I've learned from other sources, those assumptions aren't necessarily true. So that me made me feel better. I am still watching her though for any symptoms.

• Members
Thank you' date=' everybody. I've always thought that being bitten by one of those "poppyseed" ticks automatically meant Lyme's disease and I've always heard how horrible Lyme's disease is. From what some of you all have told me and what I've learned from other sources, those assumptions aren't necessarily true. So that me made me feel better. I am still watching her though for any symptoms.[/quote']

Still praying. :praying :praying :praying :pray :pray :pray

Please keep us posted. :thumb

Those ticks can carry Lyme's disease, but it's not a 100% given.

There is another tick that carries the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I forget what that tick looks like though. :puzzled: