• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The worlds view of "christian rock"

Guest Guest

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Ya, that article seems to have a lot of good quotes.

Lonnie was a tripped-out young man who grew up in Orange County, Calif., saw God on LSD, and became a Christian in the Haight. Keeping his duds and long hair?not to mention his charismatic air of innocence and spiritual conviction?Frisbee hooked up with straight-laced pastor Chuck Smith. Together they began an enormously popular youth ministry at Smith's Calvary Chapel, a revival that almost single-handedly transformed the hippie Jesus vibe into a mass phenomenon. Jesus became a long-haired revolutionary of love, a real Superstar, and his followers used underground newspapers and beachside baptisms to turn others on to the convulsive power of the Holy Spirit.

Wonder which "god" he saw while on LSD :eek . I can just see it [devil] "hey lonnie, I got a little job for you, I need someone to help me mess up christian music, and all the popularity with the masses will I give thee if thou wilt bow down and worship me". [lonnie] "sure god :cooldude: ." :roll

Guest Guest
One of the worst thing the church did was make a christian subculture.

at least when its not based on the bible. After all a "christian subculture" is basicly what a church is and should be.

• Members

Actually, at one time in America "Christian" was the cultural norm.

I've read some interesting pieces on Christian rock, both from supporters and those against, and it mostly stems from the rebellious 60s nonsense. Anyone remember "Jesus Christ, Superstar"? :roll All those "hippies for Jesus" and such...

• Members

FBN RAdio is an great station!

I found another one, thats all music.

http://www.oldchristianradio.com

Anyway, I got this quote off of the Fighting Fundamentalist Forums:

"Can?t you see you?re not making Christianity better, you?re just making rock n? roll worse!" -- Hank Hill

I got this quote off of oldchrisitanradio.com

?A preacher and part time farmer once joked that a hymn says 'My cow got out the barn' while the ?Christian? contemporary version went something like ?My cow, my cow, my cow, my cow, got got got got outta the barn outta the barn outta the barn?
- Greg McAllister

• Members
Actually, at one time in America "Christian" was the cultural norm.

When was that?

We must not forget that the CCM artists are laughing their heads off behind their hands at those that buy their garbage. Not only that, but they are laughing all the way to the bank.

You have proof of this. You know for a fact that the poeple who write and play CCM think it is garbage, that they laugh at their fans?

PEP