• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ameners

Ameners  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Ameners

• Yes, a few.
    • You can't hear the preacher sometimes
    • And I thought that one guy just had Tourette's.
    • No, none.
    • ________________
    • I find them exciting.
    • Its kinda distracting.
    • Who cares, show me the answers.

• Administrators

Our church does have ameners. They don't shout and stomp and snort, or amen stupid things (I have been in some churches...well, won't go there!! :eek ). We have a lot of head nodders (I tend to do that myself) as well.

It is nice to know that when the preacher makes a particular salient point there are other people besides myself and my hubby that agree! :wink

• Members

Don't worry Dwayner I knew what the _______________ was for. :lol

We have one or two occasional ones, I think its an encouragement to the pastor.

I don't like the overboard camp meeting stuff though, but its not at all like that here.

• Members

Amen to a point. Good, I like it...

Amen to a person... booo.

Stand on your chair and yell "That's my Preacher, slap your bible, and bark like Arsenio Hall (I just dated myself I thingk)". Well I think your a nut and probably have way too much devotion to some fallible guy and need to refocus your relationship. I would be embarrassed to be that preacher taking that glory from God.

• Members

Go to a black church! There were so many "amens", "you tell it preacher", "that's right", and other shouts and hand claps that I missed much, if not most, of what the preacher was saying!

I've experienced this in several black churches. The congregation is really "into it", especially the women.

• Members
Go to a black church! There were so many "amens"' date=' "[b']you tell it preacher", "that's right", and other shouts and hand claps that I missed much, if not most, of what the preacher was saying!

I've experienced this in several black churches. The congregation is really "into it", especially the women.

Oh yeah! I had been invited to an all-black church and know exactly what you're talking about. :lol

• 2 weeks later...
Amen to a point. Good, I like it...

Amen to a person... booo.

Stand on your chair and yell "That's my Preacher, slap your bible, and bark like Arsenio Hall (I just dated myself I thingk)". Well I think your a nut and probably have way too much devotion to some fallible guy and need to refocus your relationship. I would be embarrassed to be that preacher taking that glory from God.

That's hilarious - we had a... um... fellow in our last church who would "Amen" if the pastor sneezed. "Sneeze it, Brother!"

We have done a lot of traveling and moving around the last year, and visited churches in Virginia, Florida, Washington and Louisiana... I find it suspect in NO ONE says "amen"... ever.

I come from a United Pentecostal background and we judged the "strength" of a message or service by the number of bobby pins "shouted out" of the womens' hair and how many people bumped their heads on walls, pews, speakers... while cutting backflips "in the Spirit." Praise God that I have been delivered from that garbage. As you might imagine, with that being my first church experience, it was very odd to sit in a comparatively "sedate" IFB service! Now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jen :amen: