• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is There A Veil In The Millenial Temple?

• Members

I am not looking for a debate, but was just wondering if others here had any input on this subject.

I was just thinking of some aspects of the Millenium period, reminded again that there will be animal sacrifices (which I believe to be memorial reminders of what Christ has already done) - and was trying to recall if there were any mentions of a veil separating the Holy Place from the Most Holy Place (or Holy of Holies), and couldn't think of any.

From Hebrews, we know that the veil represented the body of Christ which had to be torn before anyone (other than the High Priest once a year) could enter the Most Holy Place, representing the very presence of God. This literal veil in the second temple was torn when the figurative veil was also torn. Wondering if there were any references to a veil in regards to the Millenium period? If not, what do you believe is the significance of that?

There is no mention of a veil during the tribulation in this passage either:

Revelation 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Of course, this is referring to a temple in Heaven, not the (man made - not God-prescribed) tribulation temple which will have a separation between the holy place and the most holy place (I believe) because the Antichrist will descrate the most holy place with an idol.

• Members

Just my thoughts (no Scripture to quote) I would think that the veil served as a symbolic way to keep God's presence from the presence of man's sin - just as Jesus stands before God as our advocate so as to present us spotless. With that thought in mind no veil will be needed then because no sin can exist in Heaven.

Wayne

• Members

I realize that - but what about a veil in the millenial temple? Is there any mention of one? That is still on earth, and there are still sinners alive during the millenium.

Personally, I do not think there would be - as the original veil was torn when Jesus died - and the millenial temple will be made by God - so there would be no need to even have one (whereas a tribulation temple, made by lost men, would still have one for the wrong purposes) - unless it too was memorial.

• Members

I don't really have an answer, but this might help you find it.

In the OT, only the High Priest could enter and only after a sacrifice for "his personal sins" was made.

Le 16:11 And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house,

Le 16:15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

Le 16:24 And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.

So the first order of business to enter the Holy of Holies was to be "clean/sinless".

Jesus, as our High Priest, and us being "Sons of God", and "sinless", are able to enter the Holy of Holies.

So I think the "clue" is that "NOTHING UNCLEAN" (sin) can approach God within the Holy of Holies.

Priest will still be performing their duties during the MK.

Eze 44:1 Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
2 Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. (Jesus on his donkey)

Eze 46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath (MK) it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

2 And the prince (of peace) shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening.

3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons.

• Members
I realize that - but what about a veil in the millenial temple? Is there any mention of one? That is still on earth, and there are still sinners alive during the millenium.

Personally, I do not think there would be - as the original veil was torn when Jesus died - and the millenial temple will be made by God - so there would be no need to even have one (whereas a tribulation temple, made by lost men, would still have one for the wrong purposes) - unless it too was memorial.

Absolutely right!!! I think I read the original question wrong :uuhm: , but anyway, once the veil was rent, there is no need for another one!

• Members

I just did a Bible search for the word "veil" in the book of Ezekiel, and there were no occurences of it. I know true believers have unlimited access to God spiritually now - but imagine what it would be like to be able to have that same access physically - to be able to see and talk with Jesus in person, face to face! What a day that will be!

Hebrews 6:18-20 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 10:19-20 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

• Members

The veil which separated the earthly holy of holies from the holy place was split upon our Lord's successful completion of His mission (Matt.27:51), and the heavenly "veil" or separation of the holiness of God from even saved deceased believers was likewise split by our Lord's victory (Heb.10:19-22) so that He in His ascension He passed into the presence of the Father with all of the departed Old Testament believers in His train. Therefore since the symbolic earthly veil and the functional heavenly "veil" have been torn asunder forever by the work of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, the absence of any further description of a veil is understandable: we now have "access" to the throne of grace through body and blood of Jesus Christ sacrificed on our behalf. Jesus will take His seat as Ruler of the world in the holy of holies of the millennial temple, and there will be access to Him by those who share in His rule - you and I and all of our brothers and sisters in Jesus who will be resurrected at His return and share in His kingdom for a thousand years.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

For us, the "Resurrected", we'll not have any problems approaching the lord, but there will be people born into the MK who haven't been "redeemed", and sin will still exist, I don't think these people will have the same "Access" to the Lord as we will.

You have to remember, we'll be sitting on thrones ruling with Jesus.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.