• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Not the JW's in my area...they will welcome your challenge. And I guarantee you that they know their bible (including the KJV), even more than most Christians that I know (kinda sad :sad ). If you don't know how to "rightly divide the word," then you will find yourself defeated by their doctrine before you know it. Btw, they have a plethora of counter-arguments to the passages listed in the OP, but it won't work on me because I have engaged in too many debates with JW's. :smile

Love,
Madeline

I am new member to this website and recently became a Baptist...born again and baptised. I am 42 but was raised as a Jehovah's Witness my whole life until I was able to escape my "Spiritual Prison" only because the True God called me out of the darkness and into the Light! Madeline, you are very accurate when it comes to the JW's knowledge of the Bible. I have read all of the above posts and they are funny to read because I can tell some of you are unfamiliar with how the JW's organization works.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I am new member to this website and recently became a Baptist...born again and baptised. I am 42 but was raised as a Jehovah's Witness my whole life until I was able to escape my "Spiritual Prison" only because the True God called me out of the darkness and into the Light! Madeline, you are very accurate when it comes to the JW's knowledge of the Bible. I have read all of the above posts and they are funny to read because I can tell some of you are unfamiliar with how the JW's organization works.

First off, welcome to Online Baptist and thanks for joining.
Second, since you were raised JW, I would love to hear what you think would be the way to approach a Jehovah Witness.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Did you all know that the NIV leaves out the very same verses that the NWT does? This should knock our socks off, but most Christians just shrug it off as incidental.

The J>W>"s don't believe that Christ is in fact God--that makes them a cult. They do not believe in a triune God either (the trinity), and that too would qualify them for a cult. What we believe about Jesus is the the central theme for the Bible, and salvation.

In Isaiah 9:6 we read that Christ (they will admit that this verse refers to Christ) is called "Mighty God". This is a problem for them. Also, in Gen 19 where we read of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, we see God (Jehovah) in two places, here on earth calling down fire from God (Jehovah) in heaven. It says it that way in their bible (which is not the Bible) too! They will say that sometimes angels are called by the name Jehovah, but they would also admit that the name Jehovah is so sacred that it is not given to anyone, or anything else! I told one woman that they believe in a big God after they told me that Isa. 9:6 refers to a lesser God, and a little God, that's at least two Gods! They also will tell us that many judges and certain others were called gods (note the small "G", which they apparently ignore on this point) which is true, but they are merely false gods, even as mythology makes their own gods. Can you confirm that "mychrisatianplace"? I have dealt with them, and those were the answers I got. Apparently their "pope" in Boston hadn't put the word out yet on how to deal with those discrepancies.

Don't give up witnessing though, usually there is a veteran witness (Russelite) and a "trainee" there. The old one you may not reach, but give the younger one something to think about.

The method of dealing with them using Isa. 9:6 is re-phrased from the book "Thirty years a Watchtower Slave"

Edited by irishman

• 1 year later...
  • Members

On the question on whether or not to invite a Jehovah's Witness into your home out of inclement weather in order to witness to him : Let's look at another scripture that deals with shunning:

1 Cor. 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

In this case, the Jehovah's Witness qualifies as an idolater because the object of his faith is his church, or as he would understand it....his organization or even "Jehovah's Organization". Nowhere in scripture is any organization characterized as something to be obedient to. Furthermore, ANY worldview that adds anything to, or subtracts anything from, the solitary figure of Jesus as God & Savior is Idolatry. That pretty much covers all the unsaved with the possible theoretical exception of atheist purists (not that I believe there actually are any).

Notice that the determining factor for shunning is the fact that someone was first called "a brother" in Christ. The Jehovah's Witness at your door has likely never been properly shown the gospel and certainly has never been a brother in Christ. In JW theology, the great crowd (great multitude) are not brothers of Christ.... only the 144,000 are. They will admit this.

Now, let's look at the scripture previously cited on this thread:

2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Any who? This scripture is talking about socially rejecting those that present themselves as brothers of Christ and yet now deny the deity of Christ. Look at verse 9 that immediately preceeds the scripture in question:

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

The word abide means "to stay". In other words, he that stays in the doctrine of Christ is saved. He that does not stay in this doctrine is not saved. Jehovah's Witnesses have not left this doctrine ....... they have never known it. And hence, they DO NOT qualify for the shunning described by Paul or John.

JW's lead incredibly isolated lives. They have socially cut off their family members that are Christians. The children and grandchildren of JW's are almost totally isolated from a Christian viewpoint as a result. When a JW is at your door, there is a tremendous opportunity for some believers' prayer to be answered on behalf of his dear relative by you witnessing to them.

As a fourth generation former JW, I can speak from experience that the very best question that you can ask a JW is for him to show you out of his own bible how his sins are forgiven outside of the new covenant, since he is indeed not part of the new covenant. (JW's watch but do not participate in the Lord's Supper). JW's are not trained to answer this question, and apparently some Christians cannot muster enough love for their deceived neighbors to ask.

Some Christians are content to, "live on their FATHER'S yacht" in this life, enjoy his grace .... and run off of their their porches the poor victims of the devil's work. I would just like to encourage everyone to actively engage JW's in love. They are not at your door to do anything other than to earn their salvation. They are to be pitied. Those polite, well-dressed people are headed for hell the same as murderers and rapists.

There will be a divine personal evaluation regarding what we did with the truths that we have been given. Getting a little too comfortable on Daddy's yacht isn't going to count for much.

Edited by WordFamine.com