• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
I don't want to insult anyone here, or offend anyone, I just want to point out a couple things.

First: inviting people in your home for tea and cookies when they are out preaching the devils work is, as shown above, against the bible. These are not "unsaved" people looking for truth, these are preachers of a strange doctrine, with a new book and a new Jesus. You want to engage them, as I said in the OP, take it outside.

Second: Where is the glee found in "making them flee" or "scaring them off"!?!? Our fight is with the devil, and his errors, not these trapped people. How about some tips on getting these people saved instead of running them off to the next house where they might be listened too? Are you running them over to your neighbors who you've lived next too for years yet don't even know you're a Christian?

Learning what they believe is only useful for those encounters where you must tear down their doctrine, to get them saved. If they are taught how to counter this, it is our duty to counter it even farther.

I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but JWs need to be saved not scared off or fed crumpets.

1. They are unsaved. JW's don't even pretend to be Christian. The concept of not inviting false teachers into one's home has a direct correlation to false teachers who claim to be Christians. Not merely with false teachers bringing a new religion.

2. I agree, we shouldn't be gleefully chasing them off. We should be witnessing to them with gentleness and respect. The Gospel is offensive enough as it is, we shouldn't make it any more offensive.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
but JWs need to be saved not scared off or fed crumpets.

Exactly - but let's reach out to them Biblically, not by disobeying God's Word and using our own wisdom. If we do it God's way (in this case, engaging the false teachers outside of my home), then God can bless our efforts. He will not bless us when we go against what He has already commanded in His Word.

The concept of not inviting false teachers into one's home has a direct correlation to false teachers who claim to be Christians. Not merely with false teachers bringing a new religion.

Where do you get that from? False teachers are false teachers - in the context, we are forbidden from letting false teachers bring their false teachings about Jesus Christ - and the JW's DO that when they come to your door.

• Members
You mean you don't plan to set them on the straight and narrow? :bible:

I'm not running them off, I simply meet them on the front porch. I can present Christ to them on the front porch before they really have a chance to get started with their false presentation. If they are not interested in hearing the Gospel then that means they have hardened their hearts and they will not pay heed to the Holy Ghost. They are free to leave or they can hear the Gospel presented from the Bible but I'm not going to listen to their speeches nor am I going to argue side issues.

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, our only mediator, our only means of salvation, we are saved by grace through faith, not of works, and all of this is clearly in the Scriptures. It's up to them to accept this or reject it.

• Members

The Bible teaches you are not to invite false teachers into your house. Those JWs that come to your door are specifically coming there to teach their false doctrines; therefore they are not to be invited in - according to God's Word:

2 John 1:10-11 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

You have taken and applied only half of what the passage says - the other half says: receive him not into your house. If we want God's blessing on us and our witnessing, we need to heed all of His Word.

:amen:

• Members
Jesus is the Christ' date=' the Son of the Living God, our only mediator, our only means of salvation, we are saved by grace through faith, not of works, and all of this is clearly in the Scriptures. It's up to them to accept this or reject it.[/quote']

They won't deny that Jesus is the "Son" of God, because they'll just tell you that we're all sons (children) of God. Furthermore, they will go a step further with the Greek and use "only begotten" (mono-genes) to try prove to you that Jesus is a "created" being. And if you haven't studied to shew thyself approved to God, then you're going to have your hands full trying to figure out how to counter that argument whilst they attempt to cram their theology down your throat.

Love,
Madeline

• Members
I don't want to insult anyone here, or offend anyone, I just want to point out a couple things.

First: inviting people in your home for tea and cookies when they are out preaching the devils work is, as shown above, against the bible. These are not "unsaved" people looking for truth, these are preachers of a strange doctrine, with a new book and a new Jesus. You want to engage them, as I said in the OP, take it outside.

Second: Where is the glee found in "making them flee" or "scaring them off"!?!? Our fight is with the devil, and his errors, not these trapped people. How about some tips on getting these people saved instead of running them off to the next house where they might be listened too? Are you running them over to your neighbors who you've lived next too for years yet don't even know you're a Christian?

Learning what they believe is only useful for those encounters where you must tear down their doctrine, to get them saved. If they are taught how to counter this, it is our duty to counter it even farther.

I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but JWs need to be saved not scared off or fed crumpets.

The way to bring a JW to Christ is the same way we bring all to Christ: present the Gospel to them.

I don't take "glee" in them taking flight. I'm sorry when they don't hear the Gospel message, but I know that unless they are willing to submit to the prodding of the Holy Ghost, there is nothing I can do to bring them to Christ. What I can do is present the Gospel to them, showing them in Scripture that the message is true. If they choose to reject the message and cling to their false religion, then I can pray that their hearts may be softened and the Lord may send another into their path that the Holy Ghost may use to bring them to Christ.

There is not point in arguing side issues. I stick to the Gospel message. If they have questions about this, or try to refute it, I stick to the Gospel message and show them in the Bible that what I have said is straight from Scripture.

Others have posted links to websites which discuss various questions that may come up and answers to give.

It's not a Christlike charactor to insinuate that any of us here are "secret Christians" and that our neighbors don't know we are Christians and that we are sending JWs from our doors to theirs.

Not that your insinuations deserve a comment, but I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. My next-door neighbors attend the same church we do. My neighbors across the South street don't attend church, but one of their daughters and her family attend the same church we do. My neighbors to the east are polite with respect to us being Christians, but they are not interested. My neighbors to the north are a pastor and his family; although I believe they are moving.

Except for my west neighbors, the others will run the JWs off without giving them an ear.

• Members

That's sort of my point. We need to know the Gospel and how to defend it and present it. When they go off on their rabbit trails, we need to reign them in and stick to the absolute basics of the Gospel.

The Gospel is clear on the means to salvation and that there is only one way.

If they, or anyone, refuses to open their hearts to the truth, but rather insist upon holding to false doctrine and spewing it forth, then they are not open to the prodding of the Holy Ghost at that time.

We are not to argue with those who are not open to the truth. We are told not to cast our pearls before swine, not to argue with the fool, to cast the dust off our feet and go on to the next.

If a person hardens their heart and resists the Holy Ghost, there is nothing more we can do other than to pray the Lord may change their hearts and then send someone to them who may present the Gospel again that they may receive the Word as the Holy Ghost directs and come to Christ.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

We laugh because between myself and our son stepping outside to speak with them they have crossed us off their map when going door-to-door. My son figured out they weren't as concerned once they saw him alone as a High School student. (I was inside listening thru the open window!!) Then they would leave the newbie's with him and he would listen asking them questions. Once he could see where the Lord was dealing with him to talk to them about...he would say "Let me get my Bible!" and come out with his KJB. The alarm on their faces many times amazed me. He would gentlly yet firmly lead them from scripture to scrpture. If they countered with a scripture he would look it up in his KJB and read the scripture and then tell them he alway's reads the verse before and after then he had THEM read OUTLOUD from his KJB Bible the verses and have a question for them. We kept them to one topic at a time ie. Jesus is God etc. They would come back with a dad and son about our son's age the next Saturday. He would politely but without any wavering answer the dad whatever he ask-on that topic he had discussed the Saturday before with his son! Did the same thing and would send them or the teen-age son off with a tract. Without the dad seeing.. many time's he would give the teen-ager one that he knew the dad saw him give and then as the dad turned to walk away he'd give the teen-ager one slyly. He knew when the Lord was calling him to do this because the teen-ager would alway's slip the second one in a pocket quickly! We had so much fun one morning when we were hit by three set's one morning to the noontime. Why was I so surprised when the Lord called him to the ministry I don't know!! Now I'm just simple and try to only witness to the women unless a JW man then confrount's me! I only stick to the topic of Jesus is the Almighty and the Mighty God and Salvation. I've noticed they tend to travel as one that's been a JW for awhile and one newbie. It's really sad to see what they really believe. The few that scare me are the one's that say they were Baptist before they found "the truth" Lowercase because they found the false truth! My son alway's tell's me if they left they couldn't have been saved or if they are saved the Lord will chasten them or take them home early. Show's me how easily we could be decieved if we don't study our Bibles!! in Christ, His by Grace

• 7 months later...
  • Members

So I've read a few threads about various false religions here. I've noticed that Roman Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses and others are labeled as false religions when they believe in God and Jesus like the people here do. I don't fully understand Christianity but, how are they false religions and Baptisim isn't? aren't they all Christians in the same or do they have a difference that makes them false?

• Administrators

So I've read a few threads about various false religions here. I've noticed that Roman Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses and others are labeled as false religions when they believe in God and Jesus like the people here do. I don't fully understand Christianity but, how are they false religions and Baptisim isn't? aren't they all Christians in the same or do they have a difference that makes them false?

The main difference (there are several) and the most important one is the fact that, although many of these false religions have a Jesus in them, the trust is not placed in the Lord Jesus Christ alone. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Any belief that adds anything to Jesus Christ as the only Way is false.

• Members

The main difference (there are several) and the most important one is the fact that, although many of these false religions have a Jesus in them, the trust is not placed in the Lord Jesus Christ alone. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Any belief that adds anything to Jesus Christ as the only Way is false.

Ok so that makes sense. I remember my mom telling me about how you couldn't change something about something or it would be wrong X /...

What have they added though? Is it just the way the do things or have they specefically made requirements or changes? Edited by Alumentum

• Administrators

Ok so that makes sense. I remember my mom telling me about how you couldn't change something about something or it would be wrong X /...

What have they added though? Is it just the way the do things or have they specefically made requirements or changes?

Each one adds or changes things differently. Roman Catholics add the worship of Mary and others to worship of Christ - even though the Bible clearly tells us only God is worthy of worship. They have added other things, too, thus making salvation a work instead of the gift God has for us.

JW's have created an entire new "gospel" wherein Jesus is not divine and the Holy Spirit is next to nothing. Also a religion of work - wherein only a few get to enjoy eternity.

It would take a long time to list what each false religion has added or changed, but in a nutshell, they either deny that Christ is God (calling Him a son of God...He is THE Son of God, but many equate Him with being simply a man...) or add things to what scripture says about salvation.