• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I am heavily devoted to helping provide good, accurate, apologetics arguments for people via the internet. Whether it involves providing links to websites, recommending good books, or writing articles. I want Christians to be able to defend the faith against attacks from the false religions. Christians need to be educated in the Bible first and foremost, and in apologetics as well.

I'm also working on a toolbar that will help with that. :Green

Most Christians are too busy doing battle with their brothers and sisters in Christ while the enemy is out there disseminating false teachings right under their noses. Praise the Lord for your efforts, Will!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Love,
Madeline

• Members

The experiences I have had with JW's were much like this, also. Very well versed in what they believe and how to "counter" anything that is said - even from the KJB. I remember one man who, when I told him we were Baptists, smiled (and that smile reminded me of a hungry wolf about to lick his chops) and told me that he had been Baptist before he found the truth. He did take his leave shortly thereafter when he and his companion couldn't shake me from the fact that Jesus is truth.

I tell them since they are on my property, then I will do the talking, and I mean ALLLLLLLLLLL of it. They are not permitted to even get one word in edgewise. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

• Members

I missed my chance today :sad

A couple JW women came to the door but I was upstairs and my wife answered the door. My wife is generally too quiet and willing to listen when strangers come to the door. Myself, if they are representing someone/something, I find out soon who or what it is if they don't tell me straight out.

Anyway, after I came downstairs and my wife came into the room she told me it was some woman talking about the final days or something. I asked her if they were JW but she said she didn't think so. She said they left some literature and I asked how many there were and she said two older women, right then I said, "Yep, they were JW." When my wife brought the literature in I turned both over and showed her on the back where they said "Watchtower".

Oh well, maybe next time...

• Members
I missed my chance today :sad

A couple JW women came to the door but I was upstairs and my wife answered the door. My wife is generally too quiet and willing to listen when strangers come to the door. Myself, if they are representing someone/something, I find out soon who or what it is if they don't tell me straight out.

Anyway, after I came downstairs and my wife came into the room she told me it was some woman talking about the final days or something. I asked her if they were JW but she said she didn't think so. She said they left some literature and I asked how many there were and she said two older women, right then I said, "Yep, they were JW." When my wife brought the literature in I turned both over and showed her on the back where they said "Watchtower".

Oh well, maybe next time...

They never come around in my neighborhood. :sad I'm disappointed.

• Members

There for several years the JWs didn't come around. Now, for some reason, the past few years they've been making their rounds here in town again.

Maybe they're like those insects that go underground for several years, pop up and annoy everyone and then disappear again for a few years! :lol:

• Members
I have no problem inviting unsaved people into my house and showing them a little hospitality. I will not however wish them "Godspeed" or such. But I will give them the truth. I study cults and false religions regularly.

The Bible teaches you are not to invite false teachers into your house. Those JWs that come to your door are specifically coming there to teach their false doctrines; therefore they are not to be invited in - according to God's Word:

2 John 1:10-11 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

You have taken and applied only half of what the passage says - the other half says: receive him not into your house. If we want God's blessing on us and our witnessing, we need to heed all of His Word.

• Members

The Bible teaches you are not to invite false teachers into your house. Those JWs that come to your door are specifically coming there to teach their false doctrines; therefore they are not to be invited in - according to God's Word:

2 John 1:10-11 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

You have taken and applied only half of what the passage says - the other half says: receive him not into your house. If we want God's blessing on us and our witnessing, we need to heed all of His Word.

Do you allow unsaved people in your house?

• Members

I don't want to insult anyone here, or offend anyone, I just want to point out a couple things.

First: inviting people in your home for tea and cookies when they are out preaching the devils work is, as shown above, against the bible. These are not "unsaved" people looking for truth, these are preachers of a strange doctrine, with a new book and a new Jesus. You want to engage them, as I said in the OP, take it outside.

Second: Where is the glee found in "making them flee" or "scaring them off"!?!? Our fight is with the devil, and his errors, not these trapped people. How about some tips on getting these people saved instead of running them off to the next house where they might be listened too? Are you running them over to your neighbors who you've lived next too for years yet don't even know you're a Christian?

Learning what they believe is only useful for those encounters where you must tear down their doctrine, to get them saved. If they are taught how to counter this, it is our duty to counter it even farther.

I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but JWs need to be saved not scared off or fed crumpets.